Withdrawing from Law School to Transfer Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Withdrawing from Law School to Transfer

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:57 pm

Has anyone had any problems withdrawing from their current school to transfer? I just was accepted to UT and I would like to attend.
I have to submit a LOI and seat deposit to begin registration and be able to participate in OCI. Should I go ahead and send those things in before I officially withdraw or wait to withdraw? I want to attend UT but am worried about hitting any snags with my current law school. Any help is appreciated

Cerberaus

New

Re: Withdrawing from Law School to Transfer

Post by Cerberaus » Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:16 pm

There is a process to leave your old school? I thought that they'd get the hint when they're filling out all those Dean's Certificates and the faculty is drafting LoRs.

stronitsing

New

Post by stronitsing » Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:35 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Has anyone had any problems withdrawing from their current school to transfer? I just was accepted to UT and I would like to attend.
I have to submit a LOI and seat deposit to begin registration and be able to participate in OCI. Should I go ahead and send those things in before I officially withdraw or wait to withdraw? I want to attend UT but am worried about hitting any snags with my current law school. Any help is appreciated
Yeah submit everything to UT. Then after send email to old school's dean of students or whoever and tell them you have accepted an offer to transfer. Then they're likely to tell you specifically what more you have to do to withdraw. I think I had an option of paying X amount of money to keep my old seat open for so long, which I declined. But I would accept and have everything set at UT before you formally withdraw.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:39 am

OP here, are there any costs associated with withdrawing from your current school? I had a scholarship but I had to take a federal loan for tuition. I don't know if that effects anything or not but I have found very little information about withdrawing

mister logical

Bronze

Post by mister logical » Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:34 pm

Anonymous User wrote:OP here, are there any costs associated with withdrawing from your current school? I had a scholarship but I had to take a federal loan for tuition. I don't know if that effects anything or not but I have found very little information about withdrawing

These are school specific - I wouldn't ask the folks here, just go talk to the person in charge of all of this, probably someone in student life, at your law school. Also I'll see you at UT in the fall :lol:

BVest

Platinum

www.top-law-schools.com

Post by BVest » Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:27 pm

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”