Columbia Transfer Walk-In Talk/"Open Door"

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Columbia Transfer Walk-In Talk/"Open Door"

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:21 pm

So Columbia's "open door" policy is that weird deal where they have open office hours and will talk to you... I thought it would be a good idea to go in and put a face to my transfer application since I'm working in NYC anyways.

My question is: what should I say when I walk in and talk with them? The one thing I might want (and that they say is OK to ask for online--http://web.law.columbia.edu/admissions/jd/visit) is a law school tour, but it's not like I can ask about the "application process" because my transfer application is already in... should I just ask some generic questions about OCI/other typical transfer concerns? Thoughts?

Thanks!

riku33090

Re: Columbia Transfer Walk-In Talk/"Open Door"

Postby riku33090 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:28 am

They do?

I would love to go but i got work, not sure if i can make it on time.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:59 pm

anyone know about this?

Desert Fox
Progressively loosing literacy

DFTHREAD

Postby Desert Fox » Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:07 pm

fobstory.jpeg
Last edited by Desert Fox on Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

barkschool

Postby barkschool » Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:25 am

Desert Fox wrote:The open door policy refers to Columbia taking anyone with a pulse as a transfer right?

Should I mention my prestigious middle school when I visit?

dominicanguy12

Postby dominicanguy12 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:38 am

I visited CLS last August, but I didn't go at the time when they were giving out Law School tours.

All they did was give me a brochure so that I could make the tour on my own, and the person who gave me it seemed kind of surprised to see me there. It seemed as though they don't get many people outside of the tour hours so I would recommend going only at the tour hours unless you're cool with walking around the school by yourself and just looking around.

Return to “Transfers”