Applying to a school that dinged me in the past - anything I should know?

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Applying to a school that dinged me in the past - anything I should know?

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:42 pm

One of the schools I'm interested in transferring to waitlisted and ultimately dinged me during the regular admissions cycle. Does that have any bearing on a transfer app? Should I acknowledge it at all in my PS?

KMart

Re: Applying to a school that dinged me in the past - anything I should know?

Postby KMart » Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:50 pm

mister logical wrote:nope and nope

+1. You'll be fine. You have a new application now.

ndirish2010

Postby ndirish2010 » Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:59 pm

Pretty much every transfer application would be to a school that you either didn't get into the first time around or had no chance to get in.

chuckbass

Postby chuckbass » Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:13 pm

I mean if it helps soothe you at all, I was WL and withdrew at GULC during my regular cycle and accepted during my transfer cycle.

randomguy89

Postby randomguy89 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:46 am

I was waitlisted and subsequently dinged by a school and have been accepted to transfer there. Yes, I mentioned it in my personal statement - simply among the lines of "I really wanted to attend, I stayed on the waitlist, and my desire to attend hasn't changed."

BVest

Postby BVest » Tue Jun 16, 2015 1:35 pm

I did not mention my previous multiple dings in my transfer PS. They had the records if they wanted to know.

Return to “Transfers”