Transfer LORs Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Transfer LORs

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jun 12, 2015 3:14 pm

Is it ok to submit an LOR from my legal practice professor? (stupid question probably, just want to make sure).

Also, I assume the first thing that they'll do is whip out my old application if I've applied to the school before, right? Reason I ask is because I want to get a recommendation from someone who also wrote me a recommendation from my original application, but that's stupid if they'll already see it right?

Finally, I'm working as a summer associate this summer and I'd like to have a partner I'm working with (small NYC firm, knew him before school) write me a recommendation for my transfer app. But most schools ask for only two recommendations. Should I go with two law profs or a law prof and this lawyer? Thx:)

DasEggs

New

Re: Transfer LORs

Post by DasEggs » Fri Jun 12, 2015 3:26 pm

From what I've seen you really want to try to stick with law prof letters if possible. Your legal practice prof is just fine. I'd try to just get one more prof and not worry about the others (unless they are special to school) all that being said who knows if they really look at them anyway.

chuckbass

Platinum

Re: Transfer LORs

Post by chuckbass » Fri Jun 12, 2015 4:03 pm

Also don't worry if you didn't make connections with your professors. I got letters from my two best classes, and while I knew the one prof well, I didn't really know the other at all and honestly that's fine, they're usually happy to write them and they don't matter.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”