Worth it to throw an app to H? Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Worth it to throw an app to H?

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:12 pm

Roughly a bit better than top 10% at UT. (No rankings or reliable data beyond top 25% so it is hard to say). Goals = biglaw lit to start; something like AUSA would be the best case scenario long term.

I have no ties to Texas but am happy to stay here for a while after graduation. Would graduate with ~75K debt. Basically the reason for leaving would be geographic flexibility and a shot at the more unicorny lit stuff that I probably don't have a crack at from here.

Worth it to give it a shot? Also, as the app closes monday, is it not worth it from a practical perspective? I have no idea how I would get letters of recommendation in on time (I have two on file but they were personalized for another school that I am no longer considering)

Nebby

Diamond

Re: Worth it to throw an app to H?

Post by Nebby » Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:24 pm

You can ask the LOR to rewrite them to not be school-specific. It's worth the shot, though top 10% is borderline at HLS, even at lower-T14s.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”