Post removed.

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Nekrowizard

Post removed.

Postby Nekrowizard » Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:49 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by Nekrowizard on Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nebby

Re: Transfers from schools that don't rank?

Postby Nebby » Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:38 am

Nekrowizard wrote:How does this work? If you're applying from CLS/NYU, do the schools you apply to know roughly what GPA equals what rank based on past experience? They eyeball it based on other applicants?

No one knows. But I assume the school will create a GPA for you by using a GPA calculator. CLS's GPA calculation is the standard one--why they don't publish it on transcripts is beyond me.

BVest

Postby BVest » Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:31 am

"How do they calculate my GPA" was not the question.

OP: Yes, they know roughly what your GPA means for your rank, or, at a minimum, how you compare to other applicants from the same school.

Nebby

Postby Nebby » Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:42 am

BVest wrote:"How do they calculate my GPA" was not the question.

OP: Yes, they know roughly what your GPA means for your rank, or, at a minimum, how you compare to other applicants from the same school.

Nekrowizard wrote:How does this work? If you're applying from CLS/NYU, do the schools you apply to know roughly what GPA equals what rank based on past experience? They eyeball it based on other applicants?

CLS doesn't give GPAs or Ranks, so I thought the OP was asking both: (1) do schools give you a GPA based on your grades (since CLS doesn't give you a GPA); (2) how do they know what percentile that GPA gives you.

Nekrowizard

Post removed.

Postby Nekrowizard » Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:31 pm

Post removed.

Return to “Transfers”