TLS Transfer Cycle 2015 (Class of 2017)

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
User avatar
inchipwetrust
Posts: 60
Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:20 pm

Re: TLS Transfer Cycle 2015 (Class of 2017)

Postby inchipwetrust » Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:38 pm

In at GULC EA.
transferring from T4, applied w/ 3.78 which put me top 1-2%

User avatar
chuckbass
Posts: 9957
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:29 pm

Re: TLS Transfer Cycle 2015 (Class of 2017)

Postby chuckbass » Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:17 pm

inchipwetrust wrote:In at GULC EA.
transferring from T4, applied w/ 3.78 which put me top 1-2%

Can't wait for everyone to experience DC, congrats!

GGMcSwift
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:19 am

Re: TLS Transfer Cycle 2015 (Class of 2017)

Postby GGMcSwift » Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:01 pm

Does anyone know the difference between Early Interview Week and OCI?

User avatar
chuckbass
Posts: 9957
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:29 pm

Re: TLS Transfer Cycle 2015 (Class of 2017)

Postby chuckbass » Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:49 pm

GGMcSwift wrote:Does anyone know the difference between Early Interview Week and OCI?

Completely depends on the school, but it's generally the same thing. Some schools have multiple programs though.

User avatar
Nebby
Posts: 22039
Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:23 pm

Re: TLS Transfer Cycle 2015 (Class of 2017)

Postby Nebby » Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:15 am

scottidsntknow wrote:
GGMcSwift wrote:Does anyone know the difference between Early Interview Week and OCI?

Completely depends on the school, but it's generally the same thing. Some schools have multiple programs though.

CLS has Early Interview Program (EIP) which is for BigLaw only. They also have an OCI in the fall, which is mostly gov't, nonprofit, and small firms.

User avatar
EquallyWrong
Posts: 3213
Joined: Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:19 pm

Re: TLS Transfer Cycle 2015 (Class of 2017)

Postby EquallyWrong » Wed Jun 17, 2015 5:57 pm

georgej wrote:
scottidsntknow wrote:
EquallyWrong wrote:
georgej wrote:T5 or bust here right now. No disrespect intended towards nyu; I'm just too claustrophobic to live in the village I think.

I'd be giving up a big scholarship to transfer, and I think with my loquacious yet humbly charming personality I'd get a biglaw job from my current school no probs. Yet the thought of one day being dubbed a federal judge by the likes of Chelsea Clinton is too great a temptation for me to be dissuaded by mere short term financial concerns.

come to Columbia please, we're delightful folk.

You would love george


Scotti had to misfortune of getting to know me while I was on a sober and meditative kick, but now that that's over, if I end up at Columbia I cordially invite you, equallywrong, on a celebratory bender the minute I hit town.

im going to be cautiously optimistic about you doing what's right for you and your future and coming to Columbia, I've been getting my hopes cruelly dashed a lot lately though.

mj722
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:27 am

Re: TLS Transfer Cycle 2015 (Class of 2017)

Postby mj722 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:16 pm

In at Georgetown (and going). TTT, 3.5 GPA. My old school still hasn't calculated our rankings. I was part-time and worked full time. I also had stellar LORs and compelling softs. I heard back the WEEK after I applied (RD). Applied 6/8; admitted 6/15. I will be going part time and working full time.

User avatar
butlerraider1
Posts: 197
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:53 pm

Re: TLS Transfer Cycle 2015 (Class of 2017)

Postby butlerraider1 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:42 pm

#1 at a Tier 3 with a full scholarship (so only leaving it will be worth it) - anyone want to offer their opinion re: what schools I have a chance at?

User avatar
chuckbass
Posts: 9957
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:29 pm

Re: TLS Transfer Cycle 2015 (Class of 2017)

Postby chuckbass » Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:41 pm

mj722 wrote:In at Georgetown (and going). TTT, 3.5 GPA. My old school still hasn't calculated our rankings. I was part-time and worked full time. I also had stellar LORs and compelling softs. I heard back the WEEK after I applied (RD). Applied 6/8; admitted 6/15. I will be going part time and working full time.

Yay congrats, I'll add you to the list!

User avatar
chuckbass
Posts: 9957
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:29 pm

Re: TLS Transfer Cycle 2015 (Class of 2017)

Postby chuckbass » Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:00 pm

butlerraider1 wrote:#1 at a Tier 3 with a full scholarship (so only leaving it will be worth it) - anyone want to offer their opinion re: what schools I have a chance at?

I mean, you probably have a shot at most of the T14 (maybe less of a shot at the T6 b/c of T3 but Nebby or someone else more knowledgeable can speak to that), but is it worth leaving if you're number 1 and with the full scholarship? What do you want to do/do you want to work in the market where your T3 is?

mj722
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:27 am

Re: TLS Transfer Cycle 2015 (Class of 2017)

Postby mj722 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:05 pm

scottidsntknow wrote:
mj722 wrote:In at Georgetown (and going). TTT, 3.5 GPA. My old school still hasn't calculated our rankings. I was part-time and worked full time. I also had stellar LORs and compelling softs. I heard back the WEEK after I applied (RD). Applied 6/8; admitted 6/15. I will be going part time and working full time.

Yay congrats, I'll add you to the list!


Thanks!

User avatar
butlerraider1
Posts: 197
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:53 pm

Re: TLS Transfer Cycle 2015 (Class of 2017)

Postby butlerraider1 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:14 pm

scottidsntknow wrote:
butlerraider1 wrote:#1 at a Tier 3 with a full scholarship (so only leaving it will be worth it) - anyone want to offer their opinion re: what schools I have a chance at?

I mean, you probably have a shot at most of the T14 (maybe less of a shot at the T6 b/c of T3 but Nebby or someone else more knowledgeable can speak to that), but is it worth leaving if you're number 1 and with the full scholarship? What do you want to do/do you want to work in the market where your T3 is?


Thanks for your input. Yeah I want to work in the market my school is in. I do want to clerk now and eventually work for the federal government though so I think I would leave for a handful of schools

User avatar
chuckbass
Posts: 9957
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:29 pm

Re: TLS Transfer Cycle 2015 (Class of 2017)

Postby chuckbass » Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:59 pm

butlerraider1 wrote:
scottidsntknow wrote:
butlerraider1 wrote:#1 at a Tier 3 with a full scholarship (so only leaving it will be worth it) - anyone want to offer their opinion re: what schools I have a chance at?

I mean, you probably have a shot at most of the T14 (maybe less of a shot at the T6 b/c of T3 but Nebby or someone else more knowledgeable can speak to that), but is it worth leaving if you're number 1 and with the full scholarship? What do you want to do/do you want to work in the market where your T3 is?


Thanks for your input. Yeah I want to work in the market my school is in. I do want to clerk now and eventually work for the federal government though so I think I would leave for a handful of schools

Well hopefully you'll have lots of options!

ex_nunc
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:38 pm

Re: TLS Transfer Cycle 2015 (Class of 2017)

Postby ex_nunc » Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:55 pm

Randomish q: GULC deadline for submitting was 6/15, right? That's what LSAC and their website says, but I keep reading posts from the last couple of days encouraging people to apply.

mj722
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:27 am

Re: TLS Transfer Cycle 2015 (Class of 2017)

Postby mj722 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:06 pm

ex_nunc wrote:Randomish q: GULC deadline for submitting was 6/15, right? That's what LSAC and their website says, but I keep reading posts from the last couple of days encouraging people to apply.


Deadline was 6/15. Donezo.

hsaquejklwrm
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:22 pm

Re: TLS Transfer Cycle 2015 (Class of 2017)

Postby hsaquejklwrm » Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:12 pm

Checking in - attending GULC.

Transferring from T2/T3 (switched with 2015 rankings) at 3.667 GPA putting me within the top 10%.

I applied EA and was deferred, but accepted in June.

Looking forward to meeting any other GULC transfers.

Thanks for the help and advice to everyone here on TLS.

User avatar
chuckbass
Posts: 9957
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:29 pm

Re: TLS Transfer Cycle 2015 (Class of 2017)

Postby chuckbass » Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:13 pm

hsaquejklwrm wrote:Checking in - attending GULC.

Transferring from T2/T3 (switched with 2015 rankings) at 3.667 GPA putting me within the top 10%.

Looking forward to meeting any other GULC transfers.

Thanks for the help and advice to everyone here on TLS.

Yay congrats! So many GULC kids already. And it looks like GULC is gonna be a great place to transfer to on the social front considering there will be so many of us.

mdxs425
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:46 am

Re: TLS Transfer Cycle 2015 (Class of 2017)

Postby mdxs425 » Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:42 am

How much do schools take into account classes like research and writing? Without those two classes weighing down my GPA i'd be ranked in top 3% as opposed to top 7%.

User avatar
chuckbass
Posts: 9957
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:29 pm

Re: TLS Transfer Cycle 2015 (Class of 2017)

Postby chuckbass » Sun Jun 21, 2015 11:28 am

mdxs425 wrote:How much do schools take into account classes like research and writing? Without those two classes weighing down my GPA i'd be ranked in top 3% as opposed to top 7%.

I don't think any of us can answer this, but I don't see why schools wouldn't focus more on your cumulative GPA/rank. Everyone takes the same classes, and those bring a lot of us down.

zosluu
Posts: 89
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:30 pm

Re: TLS Transfer Cycle 2015 (Class of 2017)

Postby zosluu » Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:54 pm

Deciding to return home. GULC TTT 10%. Looking forward to it!

User avatar
chuckbass
Posts: 9957
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:29 pm

Re: TLS Transfer Cycle 2015 (Class of 2017)

Postby chuckbass » Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:54 pm

zosluu wrote:Deciding to return home. GULC TTT 10%. Looking forward to it!

Yasssss join the club. Also returning home and it's lovely.

timesnewboston
Posts: 69
Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:35 am

Re: TLS Transfer Cycle 2015 (Class of 2017)

Postby timesnewboston » Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:10 pm

It would be helpful to have last years threads for each school listed in the OP.

User avatar
chuckbass
Posts: 9957
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:29 pm

Re: TLS Transfer Cycle 2015 (Class of 2017)

Postby chuckbass » Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:18 pm

timesnewboston wrote:It would be helpful to have last years threads for each school listed in the OP.

Well if you have time, why don't you find me the links?

sdancer89
Posts: 42
Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:40 pm

Re: TLS Transfer Cycle 2015 (Class of 2017)

Postby sdancer89 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:43 pm

Heading to Berkeley. T1 top 10%

User avatar
chuckbass
Posts: 9957
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:29 pm

Re: TLS Transfer Cycle 2015 (Class of 2017)

Postby chuckbass » Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:14 pm

sdancer89 wrote:Heading to Berkeley. T1 top 10%

Congrats, nice to see another T14 moving finally.




Return to “Transfers”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.