Hellurwschool wrote:The real issue is I need to pay a deposit elsewhere by tomorrow (and find housing very soon). I would prefer to wait for NYU, but I feel like they are never getting back to my application.
+1. My deposit is due tmrw at Mich. I'd rather go to NYU, but who knows when I'll finally get a result of any kind (accept, reject, or WL) from them.
Realistically, you guys are probably going to have to take your chances putting in your deposit at the last second you're comfortable with. If you waste it, you waste it. I've done that with another school, and it really is the safe alternative. I've already signed up for OCI's, classes, parking, etc. If I don't get in, I am still good to go. If I do, then I'll consider canceling these things. (any chance a t20 school would give a scholarship to stop you from going to a t6 school?)