dfg wrote: bmmccb223 wrote:
Gamecockfan wrote:So, this will definitely be the most speculative thing we discuss. But any ideas from past forums about how to read a non-ding but non-acceptance today or tomorrow? Are on a wait list basically. We might get accepted but only if the people they want withdraw?
I definitely think it says a little bit because you know your stats aren't such that there's no way they'd accept you. (Sorry riku)
Edit: what I mean is that if you get dinged they wouldn't accept you no matter what happened with their offers. If you don't, maybe they'd take you if those offers aren't accepted.
To be honest I have no idea what you are asking. You're going to have to phrase the question better.
Lol, yes just a bit convoluted there. Tough to say/speculate. It seemed like this forum didn't blow up with responses (admit or deny) like I thought it would on the day decisions dropped, so perhaps there's a second round to come, yet what's the sense is that? Along the same vein, why not just WL us? Or "hold" us (if that's a softer phrase) like UChi?
What I am trying to say poorly is this: If we were so out of the realm of what they are looking for, then why wouldn't they have denied us today. (caveat of it could happen tomorrow) So, since they didn't deny us, I feel like we can feel like if there is room to accept us that they will when we get there.
I'm trying to say this politely and it is not working.
Edit: I guess basically what I am trying to say is that we meet the bare minimum standard of getting in. They'd rather have other people. But if they can't get them they will take us.