Northwestern Transfer

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
RaceJudicata
Posts: 705
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:51 pm

Re: Northwestern Transfer

Postby RaceJudicata » Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:27 pm

w7ldcard wrote:
bmmccb223 wrote:
ILL18 wrote:Is today the day????


Perhaps. Perhaps not.


Looking like not .... Im pretty sure this is the latest in july they have ever done their second round


Here is my thought process:

1. They got WAY more late applicants than they were anticipating

2. Vast majority went out last week, waiting to hear back on some of those before releasing another - albeit much smaller - wave

3. Some combination of 1 & 2.

Sorry, im pessimistic.

User avatar
BaberhamLincoln
Posts: 2973
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:50 pm

Re: Northwestern Transfer

Postby BaberhamLincoln » Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:27 pm

Who is still waiting to interview and what are your relevant dates and stats?

Two of my friends applied, one got an interview today

User avatar
BaberhamLincoln
Posts: 2973
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:50 pm

Re: Northwestern Transfer

Postby BaberhamLincoln » Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:38 pm

RaceJudicata wrote:
w7ldcard wrote:
bmmccb223 wrote:
ILL18 wrote:Is today the day????


Perhaps. Perhaps not.


Looking like not .... Im pretty sure this is the latest in july they have ever done their second round


Here is my thought process:

1. They got WAY more late applicants than they were anticipating

2. Vast majority went out last week, waiting to hear back on some of those before releasing another - albeit much smaller - wave

3. Some combination of 1 & 2.

Sorry, im pessimistic.


Using TLS as a guide, didn't seem like a huge wave last week. Me and like 3-4 others? I actually think it was less than that. So probably like 15 total in the wave of you think maybe 1/3 of people use this site

TTtop13pct
Posts: 80
Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:40 am

Re: Northwestern Transfer

Postby TTtop13pct » Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:41 pm

^agreed, I think a significant amount of acceptances are forthcoming

TTtop13pct
Posts: 80
Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:40 am

Re: Northwestern Transfer

Postby TTtop13pct » Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:47 pm

am I good or am I good? Or is Johann just reading my posts...

edit for clarity:

3:45 PM @tweetsbyjohann: transfer decisions forhtcoming.
Last edited by TTtop13pct on Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hukchobo
Posts: 60
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:47 am

Re: Northwestern Transfer

Postby hukchobo » Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:49 pm

he just tweeted...

User avatar
Luchi91
Posts: 216
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:43 pm

Re: Northwestern Transfer

Postby Luchi91 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:50 pm

TTtop13pct wrote:^agreed, I think a significant amount of acceptances are forthcoming


Haha same word, "forthcoming"

TTtop13pct
Posts: 80
Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:40 am

Re: Northwestern Transfer

Postby TTtop13pct » Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:52 pm

Luchi91 wrote:
TTtop13pct wrote:^agreed, I think a significant amount of acceptances are forthcoming


Haha same word, "forthcoming"


pretty sure I'm a lock now.

I can already see my name now in the transfer c/o 2017 thread....

TTtop13pct - TT top 13%, used same word in TLS post 4 minutes before dean tweeted it

User avatar
BaberhamLincoln
Posts: 2973
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:50 pm

Re: Northwestern Transfer

Postby BaberhamLincoln » Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:54 pm

Yeah right, you ARE Johann you sneaky sob

champloo
Posts: 39
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:09 pm

Re: Northwestern Transfer

Postby champloo » Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:57 pm

did anyones status change?

TTtop13pct
Posts: 80
Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:40 am

Re: Northwestern Transfer

Postby TTtop13pct » Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:57 pm

srs question: I can leave work now and be home in an hour or stay a bit later and wait for possible decision... what do?

tstudent2015
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:26 pm

Re: Northwestern Transfer

Postby tstudent2015 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:58 pm

Decision date was changed to 7/14 and says the decision letter is available in 24 hours. Anyone else?

RaceJudicata
Posts: 705
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:51 pm

Re: Northwestern Transfer

Postby RaceJudicata » Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:59 pm

tstudent2015 wrote:Decision date was changed to 7/14 and says the decision letter is available in 24 hours. Anyone else?


Think that means you are in

ILL18
Posts: 20
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:14 pm

Re: Northwestern Transfer

Postby ILL18 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:12 pm

so does that mean we just missed that wave, or...

bmmccb223
Posts: 173
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:58 pm

Re: Northwestern Transfer

Postby bmmccb223 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:21 pm

Wait list and reject I guess at this point...no status change.

User avatar
BaberhamLincoln
Posts: 2973
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:50 pm

Re: Northwestern Transfer

Postby BaberhamLincoln » Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:27 pm

bmmccb223 wrote:Wait list and reject I guess at this point...no status change.


Huh? You mean you think everyone left is WL and reject?
Highly disagree since this was wave 2 and there were 5 last year. People only got rejected at 5

bmmccb223
Posts: 173
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:58 pm

Re: Northwestern Transfer

Postby bmmccb223 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:30 pm

BaberhamLincoln wrote:
bmmccb223 wrote:Wait list and reject I guess at this point...no status change.


Huh? You mean you think everyone left is WL and reject?
Highly disagree since this was wave 2 and there were 5 last year. People only got rejected at 5


There can't be 5 waves this late...

tstudent2015
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:26 pm

Re: Northwestern Transfer

Postby tstudent2015 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:31 pm

Officially in! Good luck everyone!

RaceJudicata
Posts: 705
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:51 pm

Re: Northwestern Transfer

Postby RaceJudicata » Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:32 pm

bmmccb223 wrote:
BaberhamLincoln wrote:
bmmccb223 wrote:Wait list and reject I guess at this point...no status change.


Huh? You mean you think everyone left is WL and reject?
Highly disagree since this was wave 2 and there were 5 last year. People only got rejected at 5


There can't be 5 waves this late...


Yeah ... even if they did a wave every day, it would be cutting it awful close to the end of OCI submission period at NW. Assuming its gonna take at least a few days to submit deposit, process deposit, give Symplicity/school credentials, etc

User avatar
BaberhamLincoln
Posts: 2973
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:50 pm

Re: Northwestern Transfer

Postby BaberhamLincoln » Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:34 pm

Seeing as my friend has an interview this week, there's def more acceptances to be handed out. Last year July 23 was the last wave

Last year waves were sometimes back to back (two times they had two waves in two days) so I would not lose hope

bmmccb223
Posts: 173
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:58 pm

Re: Northwestern Transfer

Postby bmmccb223 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:37 pm

I don't know. Maybe they'll finish up the batch of people they already requested to interview. It seems the interview is mostly a formality before acceptance. For those of us that haven't received an interview, it seems unlikely at this point.

w7ldcard
Posts: 199
Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:19 pm

Re: Northwestern Transfer

Postby w7ldcard » Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:47 pm

bmmccb223 wrote:I don't know. Maybe they'll finish up the batch of people they already requested to interview. It seems the interview is mostly a formality before acceptance. For those of us that haven't received an interview, it seems unlikely at this point.


I interviewed on Jun 26 but still no status change. I'm holding on to some hope given that NU is really my top choice

lowenjo
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:46 pm

Re: Northwestern Transfer

Postby lowenjo » Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:52 pm

w7ldcard wrote:
bmmccb223 wrote:I don't know. Maybe they'll finish up the batch of people they already requested to interview. It seems the interview is mostly a formality before acceptance. For those of us that haven't received an interview, it seems unlikely at this point.


I interviewed on Jun 26 but still no status change. I'm holding on to some hope given that NU is really my top choice



+1

ILL18
Posts: 20
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:14 pm

Re: Northwestern Transfer

Postby ILL18 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:58 pm

Same, and I interviewed 6/8

bmmccb223
Posts: 173
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:58 pm

Re: Northwestern Transfer

Postby bmmccb223 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:00 pm

Alright, I apparently have no idea what I'm talking about as far as interviews...let's just see how things unfold this week I guess.




Return to “Transfers”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.