GULC RD Transfer Thread 2015

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
forthelove
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Apr 11, 2015 1:49 am

Re: GULC RD Transfer Thread 2015

Postby forthelove » Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:41 pm

Literally checking my email every few seconds...waiting for this email is on par with waiting for LSAT scores to be released.

Ladylaw87
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:56 am

Re: GULC RD Transfer Thread 2015

Postby Ladylaw87 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:50 pm

I'm not sure what's worse: a ding or no update whatsoever. Hm.

lawman84
Posts: 3314
Joined: Thu May 28, 2015 5:01 pm

Re: GULC RD Transfer Thread 2015

Postby lawman84 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:29 pm

Ladylaw87 wrote:I'm not sure what's worse: a ding or no update whatsoever. Hm.


No update. A ding hurts but you accept it and move forward. I think waiting is worse because you having it hanging over your head.

User avatar
celtslaw
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:05 pm

Re: GULC RD Transfer Thread 2015

Postby celtslaw » Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:40 pm

Maybe those who didn't get dinged are going to get a "keep waiting" email tomorrow or on Thursday.

w7ldcard
Posts: 199
Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:19 pm

Re: GULC RD Transfer Thread 2015

Postby w7ldcard » Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:44 pm

celtslaw wrote:Maybe those who didn't get dinged are going to get a "keep waiting" email tomorrow or on Thursday.


Seems like the likely case. Unless they give out a couple acceptances or a couple more dings tomorrow or thursday

Ladylaw87
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:56 am

Re: GULC RD Transfer Thread 2015

Postby Ladylaw87 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:45 pm

lawman84 wrote:
Ladylaw87 wrote:I'm not sure what's worse: a ding or no update whatsoever. Hm.


No update. A ding hurts but you accept it and move forward. I think waiting is worse because you having it hanging over your head.


I agree. :|

pret
Posts: 258
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:07 pm

Re: GULC RD Transfer Thread 2015

Postby pret » Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:25 pm

Deleted.
Last edited by pret on Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TTtop13pct
Posts: 80
Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:40 am

Re: GULC RD Transfer Thread 2015

Postby TTtop13pct » Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:09 pm

pret wrote:I wonder what the odds look like for those who weren't rejected today?


Pure speculation, but gtown seems to do full waves rather than gradually leaking out decisions like NW. I think everyone not dinged today will survive to some next round or get an acceptance.

Wouldliketotransfer2
Posts: 119
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:30 pm

Re: GULC RD Transfer Thread 2015

Postby Wouldliketotransfer2 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:08 am

TTtop13pct wrote:
pret wrote:I wonder what the odds look like for those who weren't rejected today?


Pure speculation, but gtown seems to do full waves rather than gradually leaking out decisions like NW. I think everyone not dinged today will survive to some next round or get an acceptance.



I dont remember reading hat they denied anyone last year so it seems this year theyre doing things differently. But youre right about the wave. We've only seen waves up to this point.

TTtop13pct
Posts: 80
Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:40 am

Re: GULC RD Transfer Thread 2015

Postby TTtop13pct » Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:46 pm

did people dinged yesterday get a status change on the checker?

User avatar
celtslaw
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:05 pm

Re: GULC RD Transfer Thread 2015

Postby celtslaw » Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:13 pm

TTtop13pct wrote:did people dinged yesterday get a status change on the checker?


No change.

I imagine GULC won't admit people who want biglaw since those people can't do EIW and are therefore "riskier" to take. After all, the school doesn't want transfers contributing to its unemployment stats. My guess is you MAY have a shot of getting in if you mentioned in your app that you want PI or govt.

Then again, I don't know what the bloody hell they're thinking- I wrote a LOCI, sent in another LOR, visited the school, sent an updated resume etc. and still got dinged. I was hoping I'd get accepted early July in that small wave but oh well. Good luck to the rest of you. Just be wary of attending without EIW.

pret
Posts: 258
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:07 pm

Re: GULC RD Transfer Thread 2015

Postby pret » Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:18 pm

Deleted.
Last edited by pret on Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TTtop13pct
Posts: 80
Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:40 am

Re: GULC RD Transfer Thread 2015

Postby TTtop13pct » Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:28 pm

pret wrote:wouldn't you admit first and then reject the others after? That way they have people to turn to in case admits end up going somewhere else.


I'm predicting "small group" e-mails, then they'll accept X number of people who respond saying theyre still interested.

forthelove
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Apr 11, 2015 1:49 am

Re: GULC RD Transfer Thread 2015

Postby forthelove » Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:31 pm

celtslaw wrote:
TTtop13pct wrote:did people dinged yesterday get a status change on the checker?


No change.

I imagine GULC won't admit people who want biglaw since those people can't do EIW and are therefore "riskier" to take. After all, the school doesn't want transfers contributing to its unemployment stats. My guess is you MAY have a shot of getting in if you mentioned in your app that you want PI or govt.

Then again, I don't know what the bloody hell they're thinking- I wrote a LOCI, sent in another LOR, visited the school, sent an updated resume etc. and still got dinged. I was hoping I'd get accepted early July in that small wave but oh well. Good luck to the rest of you. Just be wary of attending without EIW.


I'm so sorry :( I did similar things (LOCIs, LORs, resume, etc.) so just waiting for the ding over here. May I ask what your stats were?

User avatar
celtslaw
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:05 pm

Re: GULC RD Transfer Thread 2015

Postby celtslaw » Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:44 pm

forthelove wrote:
celtslaw wrote:
TTtop13pct wrote:did people dinged yesterday get a status change on the checker?


No change.

I imagine GULC won't admit people who want biglaw since those people can't do EIW and are therefore "riskier" to take. After all, the school doesn't want transfers contributing to its unemployment stats. My guess is you MAY have a shot of getting in if you mentioned in your app that you want PI or govt.

Then again, I don't know what the bloody hell they're thinking- I wrote a LOCI, sent in another LOR, visited the school, sent an updated resume etc. and still got dinged. I was hoping I'd get accepted early July in that small wave but oh well. Good luck to the rest of you. Just be wary of attending without EIW.


I'm so sorry :( I did similar things (LOCIs, LORs, resume, etc.) so just waiting for the ding over here. May I ask what your stats were?


Pm sent

Wouldliketotransfer2
Posts: 119
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:30 pm

Re: GULC RD Transfer Thread 2015

Postby Wouldliketotransfer2 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:11 pm

Im curious to know your stats too if you dont mind

w7ldcard
Posts: 199
Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:19 pm

Re: GULC RD Transfer Thread 2015

Postby w7ldcard » Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:20 pm

Sooooooooooooooo we should hear something today?

TTtop13pct
Posts: 80
Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:40 am

Re: GULC RD Transfer Thread 2015

Postby TTtop13pct » Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:38 pm

w7ldcard wrote:Sooooooooooooooo we should hear something today?


my money is on small group e-mail. My hope is an acceptance, full-ride, and interview already scheduled for me at Covington with Holder himself.

w7ldcard
Posts: 199
Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:19 pm

Re: GULC RD Transfer Thread 2015

Postby w7ldcard » Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:40 pm

TTtop13pct wrote:
w7ldcard wrote:Sooooooooooooooo we should hear something today?


my money is on small group e-mail. My hope is an acceptance, full-ride, and interview already scheduled for me at Covington with Holder himself.

Yea I would put money on the small group email and then over the next 2 weeks maybe a couple get in off the small group

droopy999
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:13 am

Re: GULC RD Transfer Thread 2015

Postby droopy999 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:10 pm

got the soft ding. Decent enough not to be rejected, but not good enough to be accepted.

w7ldcard
Posts: 199
Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:19 pm

Re: GULC RD Transfer Thread 2015

Postby w7ldcard » Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:12 pm

droopy999 wrote:got the soft ding. Decent enough not to be rejected, but not good enough to be accepted.


Same .. Class is full but we may have a spot open up

pret
Posts: 258
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:07 pm

Re: GULC RD Transfer Thread 2015

Postby pret » Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:12 pm

Deleted.
Last edited by pret on Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TTtop13pct
Posts: 80
Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:40 am

Re: GULC RD Transfer Thread 2015

Postby TTtop13pct » Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:13 pm

Gah how disappointing

Ladylaw87
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:56 am

Re: GULC RD Transfer Thread 2015

Postby Ladylaw87 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:15 pm

Same! Class is full, but maybe a spot will open up.

droopy999
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:13 am

Re: GULC RD Transfer Thread 2015

Postby droopy999 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:16 pm

Maybe the time spent waiting is better spent figuring out how to win the lottery.




Return to “Transfers”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.