GULC RD Transfer Thread 2015 Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
cappuccino&latte

New

Re: GULC RD Transfer Thread 2015

Post by cappuccino&latte » Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:48 pm

milliken834 wrote:
cappuccino&latte wrote:WL - 6/26 Fri
IN - 7/2 Thur

T 50-60, 13%

Hope this info helps!
Are you attending? Did you send a LOCI or anything after WL email?

I sent a LOCI 7/1, got accepted the next day.
I will be attending, unless some miracle happens...lol

milliken834

New

Post by milliken834 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:50 pm

cappuccino&latte wrote: I sent a LOCI 7/1, got accepted the next day.
Congratulations! Where else did you apply?

Paragon

New

Post by Paragon » Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:55 pm

hey everyone is the deposit non-refundanble?

TTtop13pct

New

Post by TTtop13pct » Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:56 pm

Paragon wrote:hey everyone is the deposit non-refundanble?
it is non-refundable

cappuccino&latte

New

Post by cappuccino&latte » Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:59 pm

milliken834 wrote:
cappuccino&latte wrote: I sent a LOCI 7/1, got accepted the next day.
Congratulations! Where else did you apply?
Thank you very much! Wishing you all the best of luck.
I applied to NYU and Columbia, because I knew they accept a lot of transfers.. It's a verrrrrry long shot D:

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

TTtop13pct

New

Post by TTtop13pct » Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:14 pm

Wouldliketotransfer2 wrote:I was looking at the transfer thread from last year and it looks that out of the wait list only 2 people were accepted. What a horrible number :(

Also it happened around July 28.
but there was also only 7 or 8 waitlisted people in that very active thread from last year. Double the amount of waitlists this year. Assume random sampling of people who communicate their waitlist status to this board... statistically significant difference in double reported waitlists... Idk what I'm talking about

Wouldliketotransfer2

Bronze

Post by Wouldliketotransfer2 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:23 pm

TTtop13pct wrote:
Wouldliketotransfer2 wrote:I was looking at the transfer thread from last year and it looks that out of the wait list only 2 people were accepted. What a horrible number :(

Also it happened around July 28.
but there was also only 7 or 8 waitlisted people in that very active thread from last year. Double the amount of waitlists this year. Assume random sampling of people who communicate their waitlist status to this board... statistically significant difference in double reported waitlists... Idk what I'm talking about

This is true! I see many more people waitlisted this year. Good point!

Paragon

New

Post by Paragon » Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:02 pm

Hey all, just withdrew my spot. I hope it opens something up for someone! Best of luck.

TransferHopeful17

New

Post by TransferHopeful17 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:08 pm

Thanks Paragon--much appreciated! Hoping for the best.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

w7ldcard

Bronze

Post by w7ldcard » Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:30 pm

transfermesoftly wrote:wow w7lcard and dfg got ROBBED. Good luck everyone
Thanks for the sympathy!

dfg

New

Post by dfg » Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:53 pm

Haha thanks for the sympathy. Got accepted to NYU today though, so I'll withdraw from this tmrw and get over the disappointment. They have waitlisted me three times now. Starting to wonder if it's personal lol

Wouldliketotransfer2

Bronze

Post by Wouldliketotransfer2 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:00 pm

dfg wrote:
Haha thanks for the sympathy. Got accepted to NYU today though, so I'll withdraw from this tmrw and get over the disappointment. They have waitlisted me three times now. Starting to wonder if it's personal lol
OMG lol ....have you applied to transfer 3 times? Congrats on NYU

dfg

New

Post by dfg » Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:05 pm

Wouldliketotransfer2 wrote:
dfg wrote:
Hahaha thankfully no, I meant undergrad, law school, and now as a transfer

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Wouldliketotransfer2

Bronze

Post by Wouldliketotransfer2 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:18 am

dfg wrote:
dfg wrote:
hahaha well you're hilarious! Its a different admissions committee. But you made it to NYU which is way better!

trey ohh five

New

Post by trey ohh five » Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:41 am

dfg wrote:
dfg wrote:
Well in your case Georgetown can go fuck themselves. I would specifically mention in your withdrawal email that you're going to NYU to rub it in their face that you're going to a better school. Congrats on NYU!

Wouldliketotransfer2

Bronze

Post by Wouldliketotransfer2 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:59 am

trey ohh five wrote:
dfg wrote:
dfg wrote:
Well in your case Georgetown can go fuck themselves. I would specifically mention in your withdrawal email that you're going to NYU to rub it in their face that you're going to a better school. Congrats on NYU!

hahaha yes you should do this!!!

TTtop13pct

New

Post by TTtop13pct » Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:54 pm

Just spoke with admissions. I asked whether it seemed likely that they would pull many from the waitlist and she just said "it fluctuates daily" and that she said it looks neither very likely nor very unlikely that many will be pulled from the waitlist. She was friendly, but basically coudln't tell me anything.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Ladylaw87

New

Post by Ladylaw87 » Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:00 pm

TTtop13pct wrote:Just spoke with admissions. I asked whether it seemed likely that they would pull many from the waitlist and she just said "it fluctuates daily" and that she said it looks neither very likely nor very unlikely that many will be pulled from the waitlist. She was friendly, but basically coudln't tell me anything.
Thanks for calling! I'm getting slightly annoyed waiting. Hopefully, we hear something on the 30th other than "continue waiting."

felinafelina

Bronze

Post by felinafelina » Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:07 am

Is there a facebook group for admitted transfer students?

chuckbass

Platinum

Post by chuckbass » Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:27 am

felinafelina wrote:Is there a facebook group for admitted transfer students?
https://www.facebook.com/groups/683939715086128/

TTtop13pct

New

Post by TTtop13pct » Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:38 pm

felinafelina wrote:.
I will be shocked if you don't get CCN. Have you deposited and started bidding Gtown?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

felinafelina

Bronze

Post by felinafelina » Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:45 pm

TTtop13pct wrote:
I will be shocked if you don't get CCN. Have you deposited and started bidding Gtown?

Yup. I won't be surprised if I don't get Columbia but will be surprised if I don't get NYU. However, I can't keep waiting, especially because my SO's job is in DC and if we're moving he would need to start finding a new one asap. I really like DC, I already have an apartment lined up and my SO has a great job here so I'm happy with GULC, but it will still kill me if I get NYU any time after August 1st, because after then, I probably will just stay at GULC.

transfermesoftly

New

Post by transfermesoftly » Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:33 pm

felinafelina wrote:
TTtop13pct wrote:

Yup. I won't be surprised if I don't get Columbia but will be surprised if I don't get NYU. However, I can't keep waiting, especially because my SO's job is in DC and if we're moving he would need to start finding a new one asap. I really like DC, I already have an apartment lined up and my SO has a great job here so I'm happy with GULC, but it will still kill me if I get NYU any time after August 1st, because after then, I probably will just stay at GULC.
You should call both Columbia and NYU and let them know of your situation. Just say that they are your first choice schools and that you will surely go if you are accepted, but if you do not know by August 1 you will not be able to make the move happen logistically.

It won't affect their evaluation of you, but it could get you your decision faster. Especially because it is only the 20th and you would be giving them a fairly reasonable heads up.

felinafelina

Bronze

Post by felinafelina » Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:52 pm

transfermesoftly wrote:
felinafelina wrote:
TTtop13pct wrote:

You should call both Columbia and NYU and let them know of your situation. Just say that they are your first choice schools and that you will surely go if you are accepted, but if you do not know by August 1 you will not be able to make the move happen logistically.

It won't affect their evaluation of you, but it could get you your decision faster. Especially because it is only the 20th and you would be giving them a fairly reasonable heads up.

I've called both schools and said that before and they both said all I could do is email the admissions committee to ask for an expedited decision. However, I've always heard that asking for an expedited decision is a death wish unless you're a shoe-in, which I'm not, so I haven't done that yet. I think I will now though, since it's practically all or nothing at this point. :?

xmking07

New

Post by xmking07 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:39 pm

Quick question, pretty sure of the answer already though.

I've got at least 14 OCI scheduled interviews at my current school (t20), possibly more forthcoming. Rank is near the school's cutoff for biglaw, secondary journal invite, some small awards/involvement, half tuition scholarship. Think it would be a bad move to transfer to GULC (if admitted, don't know yet but their EIW bidding ends today so i'd be giving up my interviews from my old school)? gut feeling is yes.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”