GULC RD Transfer Thread 2015 Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
TransferHopeful17

New

Re: GULC RD Transfer Thread 2015

Post by TransferHopeful17 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:35 pm

Also "Application Completed" w/o date. RD, though.

w7ldcard

Bronze

Post by w7ldcard » Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:02 pm

Seems that we are all waiting on another round of acceptances

Wouldliketotransfer2

Bronze

Post by Wouldliketotransfer2 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:47 am

Do you guys think by this point the class is filled? On one hand I think it probably is but on the other I also received that email saying to send the unofficial transcript. So that gives me some hope.

I applied ED and got deferred to the regular cycle. I sent my unofficial transcript last week and my application went complete. They have not received my official ones yet. I think they will wait on that to make a decision. I finished my first year of part time. Anybody else part time here? Please pm me!

Stats: 3.8 TTTT School doesn't rank.

chuckbass

Platinum

Post by chuckbass » Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:44 pm

There's no way the class is filled. And also since GULC has EA and otherwise accepts people before the other T14s, those already deposited/accepted may jump ship once other T14s start making offers.

HungJuror

New

Post by HungJuror » Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:45 pm

scottidsntknow wrote:There's no way the class is filled. And also since GULC has EA and otherwise accepts people before the other T14s, those already deposited/accepted may jump ship once other T14s start making offers.
I doubt it's full but more answers should be given soon. Isn't the last day to begin LR app and submit OCI bids July 8?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

chuckbass

Platinum

Post by chuckbass » Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:49 pm

HungJuror wrote:
scottidsntknow wrote:There's no way the class is filled. And also since GULC has EA and otherwise accepts people before the other T14s, those already deposited/accepted may jump ship once other T14s start making offers.
I doubt it's full but more answers should be given soon. Isn't the last day to begin LR app and submit OCI bids July 8?
Yep. Bidding opened today actually.

Cerberaus

New

Post by Cerberaus » Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:01 pm

FYI, the bidding is for Early Interview Week (EIW) which is largely composed of Big Law. After speaking with the school, my understanding is that OCI comes a bit later and is largely focused on government or PI positions.

felinafelina

Bronze

Post by felinafelina » Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:09 pm

scottidsntknow wrote:
HungJuror wrote:

Sorry, begin LR app? As in law review for transfers?

Also, how well do GULC transfers generally do in OCI - and what if you get a decision after July 8?

chuckbass

Platinum

Post by chuckbass » Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:14 pm

felinafelina wrote:
scottidsntknow wrote:
HungJuror wrote:

Sorry, begin LR app? As in law review for transfers?

Also, how well do GULC transfers generally do in OCI - and what if you get a decision after July 8?
Well the journal competition, yes. I'm a rising 2L so I'm not the best person to answer this, but you could post in here: http://top-law-schools.com/forums/viewt ... 4&t=249538

Considering GULC places less than 50% into firms/fed clerkships, I wouldn't go into EIW expecting something. The better your old school/stats are, the better you'll do most likely. If you don't get a decision until after July 8th, you won't be able to bid on EIW. I think you can still try to pick up interviews but at that point it may not be worth the transfer if you're looking for biglaw.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

spritzer13

New

Post by spritzer13 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:18 am

What are the odds that we hear back today? I really don't want to pay a $1000 deposit and then lose it. I'll be in enough debt without it

w7ldcard

Bronze

Post by w7ldcard » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:31 am

spritzer13 wrote:What are the odds that we hear back today? I really don't want to pay a $1000 deposit and then lose it. I'll be in enough debt without it
I would put my money on Friday or later. They sent out an email yesterday saying that they had received a ton of stuff since the 12th and that they dont have time to confirm receipt of any of the applications

spritzer13

New

Post by spritzer13 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:00 pm

w7ldcard wrote:
spritzer13 wrote:What are the odds that we hear back today? I really don't want to pay a $1000 deposit and then lose it. I'll be in enough debt without it
I would put my money on Friday or later. They sent out an email yesterday saying that they had received a ton of stuff since the 12th and that they dont have time to confirm receipt of any of the applications
Great

TransferHopeful17

New

Post by TransferHopeful17 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:11 pm

In your particular situation I would probably call tomorrow if you don't hear back.

I am hoping we all hear word by this evening, though.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

timesnewboston

New

Post by timesnewboston » Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:40 pm

Does anyone know of any American University student being accepted RD? I know AU doesn't have ranks out yet, and GULC accepts a lot of AU kids every year, perhaps GULC is waiting for AU registrar to publish their ranks?

Wouldliketotransfer2

Bronze

Post by Wouldliketotransfer2 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:53 pm

I got that same email as well for some materials I sent last Friday. The wait is killing me!!!

TransferHopeful17

New

Post by TransferHopeful17 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:03 pm

American may not have released ranks yet but they did publish percentiles. Not the same thing, I know, but if you're given an applicant pool and you have their transcripts, you can at least gauge from their respective GPAs and the percentiles where they fall with respect to each other.

timesnewboston

New

Post by timesnewboston » Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:11 pm

TransferHopeful17 wrote:American may not have released ranks yet but they did publish percentiles. Not the same thing, I know, but if you're given an applicant pool and you have their transcripts, you can at least gauge from their respective GPAs and the percentiles where they fall with respect to each other.

As far as I can tell, they have not published percentiles for this class

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

TransferHopeful17

New

Post by TransferHopeful17 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:15 pm

Just checked again...you're right. Just 2015 grads. Bummer.

felinafelina

Bronze

Post by felinafelina » Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:16 pm

I just got off the phone with GULC and they seem pretty on top of things - said they've matched everything to files that they've received so far and are just waiting on the mail arriving today. Hopefully that means good things!

Also, I'm a 3.69, anywhere from top 10-15%, T20 school - feel free to guess on my chances. Good luck to everyone!

timesnewboston

New

Post by timesnewboston » Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:18 pm

felinafelina wrote:I just got off the phone with GULC and they seem pretty on top of things - said they've matched everything to files that they've received so far and are just waiting on the mail arriving today. Hopefully that means good things!

Also, I'm a 3.69, anywhere from top 10-15%, T20 school - feel free to guess on my chances. Good luck to everyone!
Seems like a lock, surprised you're not in already :)

w7ldcard

Bronze

Post by w7ldcard » Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:18 pm

felinafelina wrote:I just got off the phone with GULC and they seem pretty on top of things - said they've matched everything to files that they've received so far and are just waiting on the mail arriving today. Hopefully that means good things!

I would be highly surprised if you aren't in.
Good news then so hopefully today or tomorrow!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Wouldliketotransfer2

Bronze

Post by Wouldliketotransfer2 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:35 pm

do all your apps say completed or does it say under review?

chuckbass

Platinum

Post by chuckbass » Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:35 pm

You should be good. I was .01 from top 20% first semester at a T20 and got in EA with that.

w7ldcard

Bronze

Post by w7ldcard » Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:41 pm

Wouldliketotransfer2 wrote:do all your apps say completed or does it say under review?
Application complete under status. Admission committee has under review at the top of the status checker

felinafelina

Bronze

Post by felinafelina » Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:46 pm

Wouldliketotransfer2 wrote:do all your apps say completed or does it say under review?
Mine still just says Application Received with no date listed, I'm waiting on the transfer certification form, which 99% likely they should be receiving later today. Hopefully this doesn't put off my acceptance.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”