Catholic to GULC?

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Catholic to GULC?

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:41 pm

Is it too late? Looks like my GPA is sub 25th.

3.5 GPA, ~top15% if the lsn rank estimator is accurate; ranks aren't released yet. Was told that the GPA cutoff for biglaw at my school is somewhere between a 3.6 and 3.7. Have $$$ scholly. Working bigfed this summer and have bigfed fall externship lined up.

CanadianWolf

Re: Catholic to GULC?

Postby CanadianWolf » Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:17 pm

OP: The first two sentences are a bit confusing. Can you clarify ?

FirmBiz

Postby FirmBiz » Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:59 pm

CanadianWolf wrote:OP: The first two sentences are a bit confusing. Can you clarify ?

He's below GULC's median gpa but in the top 15% at his school

CanadianWolf

Postby CanadianWolf » Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:02 pm

Still confused because his Catholic University law school GPA should not relate to Georgetown's median for purposes of transferring as the grading standards are from different schools.

OP: Are you concerned about OCI at Georgetown if you transfer ?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:15 pm

Top 15% of the class but that's estimated. The raw GPA is below what GULC reports on the ABA report.

I'm concerned about OCI regardless of transfer. Figured the chances will be better (but still probably not good) at GULC though.

trebekismyhero

Postby trebekismyhero » Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:49 am

Anonymous User wrote:Top 15% of the class but that's estimated. The raw GPA is below what GULC reports on the ABA report.

I'm concerned about OCI regardless of transfer. Figured the chances will be better (but still probably not good) at GULC though.

Do you mean the raw GPA of transfers that GULC accepts? I didn't even know that was published.

Either way, if you are in the top 15% at Catholic you probably have a decent shot at getting into GULC. But if you have a good scholarship at Catholic it might not be worth it. I know a couple ppl that transferred to Gtown from TTT and they struck out at OCI and now have way more debt. It is a tough call because at top 15% at Catholic you're probably not getting anything through OCI either, but at least you will have less debt. If you can get on LR at CU, I probably would lean towards staying. I would reach out to other Georgetown transfers from Catholic and ask about their experiences. If you do transfer, make sure to bid heavy on NYC, Chicago and non-DC markets

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:03 am

Will sticking GULC on my resume help with mass mails? Preftige and all...

Return to “Transfers”