UPenn Transfer

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
jphiggo
Posts: 232
Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:14 pm

Re: UPenn Transfer

Postby jphiggo » Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:48 pm

How quick do they usually update the tracker to indicate a complete file? All of my stuff should have been received early this week, but none of it is checked off. I am sure they are busy and I don't want to needlessly bother them, so I'm just curious.

jh_1988
Posts: 46
Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:41 pm

Re: UPenn Transfer

Postby jh_1988 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:29 am

for those of us who interviewed, do you think we'll hear back? i was told by this friday aka today, not july 4 like one guy posted above. also i was told we would be emailed, not called.

User avatar
starchild
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:29 pm

Re: UPenn Transfer

Postby starchild » Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:23 am

Admitted today via phone call. PM me for stats

jh_1988
Posts: 46
Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:41 pm

Re: UPenn Transfer

Postby jh_1988 » Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:57 am

Admitted via email!

mickm1
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:39 pm

Re: UPenn Transfer

Postby mickm1 » Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:08 am

Congrats!!! Fingers still crossed here

bmmccb223
Posts: 173
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:58 pm

Re: UPenn Transfer

Postby bmmccb223 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:48 am

Congrats to those accepted! Interesting that the admissions office was working through the weekend. I'm almost certain I'm a WL/reject at this point (no interview, still at 6/18 status date)...should hear by July 4 I guess.

Cerberaus
Posts: 89
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:25 pm

Re: UPenn Transfer

Postby Cerberaus » Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:04 am

bmmccb223 wrote:Congrats to those accepted! Interesting that the admissions office was working through the weekend. I'm almost certain I'm a WL/reject at this point (no interview, still at 6/18 status date)...should hear by July 4 I guess.


Don't jump the gun. If you haven't heard back this week or the next, then it's safe to assume you were WL/rejected. It's way too early to tell what's going on, but this week will be important.

Paragon
Posts: 46
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:47 pm

Re: UPenn Transfer

Postby Paragon » Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:45 pm

Cerberaus wrote:
bmmccb223 wrote:Congrats to those accepted! Interesting that the admissions office was working through the weekend. I'm almost certain I'm a WL/reject at this point (no interview, still at 6/18 status date)...should hear by July 4 I guess.


Don't jump the gun. If you haven't heard back this week or the next, then it's safe to assume you were WL/rejected. It's way too early to tell what's going on, but this week will be important.


Agreed, don't jump the gun. I recently got an email requesting an interview. So, they are still giving them out.
Last edited by Paragon on Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blee817
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:10 pm

Re: UPenn Transfer

Postby blee817 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:47 pm

Paragon wrote:
Cerberaus wrote:
bmmccb223 wrote:Congrats to those accepted! Interesting that the admissions office was working through the weekend. I'm almost certain I'm a WL/reject at this point (no interview, still at 6/18 status date)...should hear by July 4 I guess.


Don't jump the gun. If you haven't heard back this week or the next, then it's safe to assume you were WL/rejected. It's way too early to tell what's going on, but this week will be important.


Agreed, don't jump the gun. I got an email this morning at 8:14 am requesting an interview. So, they are still giving them out.


Stats?

wwjd03
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:40 pm

Re: UPenn Transfer

Postby wwjd03 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:42 pm

Did anyone who interviewed Thursday hear back?

Paragon
Posts: 46
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:47 pm

Re: UPenn Transfer

Postby Paragon » Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:50 pm

blee817 wrote:
Paragon wrote:
Cerberaus wrote:
bmmccb223 wrote:Congrats to those accepted! Interesting that the admissions office was working through the weekend. I'm almost certain I'm a WL/reject at this point (no interview, still at 6/18 status date)...should hear by July 4 I guess.


Don't jump the gun. If you haven't heard back this week or the next, then it's safe to assume you were WL/rejected. It's way too early to tell what's going on, but this week will be important.


Agreed, don't jump the gun. I got an email this morning at 8:14 am requesting an interview. So, they are still giving them out.


Stats?


school rank: 20-30
class rank: top 10%

anjunatale
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:32 am

Re: UPenn Transfer

Postby anjunatale » Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:46 pm

wwjd03 wrote:Did anyone who interviewed Thursday hear back?


I interviewed Thursday and no word yet.

mickm1
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:39 pm

Re: UPenn Transfer

Postby mickm1 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:37 am

If we haven't heard anything, do you think admissions would find it annoying if we tried to supplement our application. For example, sending in another Letter of Recommendation? My file "status" has not been updated since (6/24).

bmmccb223
Posts: 173
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:58 pm

Re: UPenn Transfer

Postby bmmccb223 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:01 am

Yes, especially if you supplement with another Letter of Recommendation.

User avatar
inchipwetrust
Posts: 60
Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:20 pm

Re: UPenn Transfer

Postby inchipwetrust » Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:22 am

I sent them an email Thursday updating them of my class rank, #2/top 1-2%, and they responded on the same day saying "thank you for the email, and your continued interest in Penn Law. We added the info to your file." Still no other update or interview request since then :(

bmmccb223
Posts: 173
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:58 pm

Re: UPenn Transfer

Postby bmmccb223 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:15 pm

I think it's perfectly fine to update your rank if it is higher than you estimated. That's different than sending supplemental essays/additional recommendations just because you haven't received an interview request.

Paragon
Posts: 46
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:47 pm

Re: UPenn Transfer

Postby Paragon » Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:53 pm

bmmccb223 wrote:I think it's perfectly fine to update your rank if it is higher than you estimated. That's different than sending supplemental essays/additional recommendations just because you haven't received an interview request.


agreed :)

UpandDown97
Posts: 172
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:07 pm

Re: UPenn Transfer

Postby UpandDown97 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:00 pm

Any forward motion from anyone lately?

Paragon
Posts: 46
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:47 pm

Re: UPenn Transfer

Postby Paragon » Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:03 pm

UpandDown97 wrote:Any forward motion from anyone lately?


not yet! apparently watched phones don't ring. Keeping fingers crossed

bmmccb223
Posts: 173
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:58 pm

Re: UPenn Transfer

Postby bmmccb223 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:04 pm

Nothing here. Acceptances should be coming out either today or tomorrow based on what people who interviewed have said.

Paragon
Posts: 46
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:47 pm

Re: UPenn Transfer

Postby Paragon » Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:43 pm

bmmccb223 wrote:Nothing here. Acceptances should be coming out either today or tomorrow based on what people who interviewed have said.


They aren't open tomorrow though, right? I was told that they closed today at 2:00 too. So, I'm hoping to hear from them on Monday.

bmmccb223
Posts: 173
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:58 pm

Re: UPenn Transfer

Postby bmmccb223 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:47 pm

Yeah they are closed...weird. I guess it will be Monday.

redblueyellowgreen
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:10 pm

Re: UPenn Transfer

Postby redblueyellowgreen » Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:14 pm

Two posters (seen above) were admitted on a Saturday. I can't imagine that the admissions office was open then. Maybe the office distributes phone numbers and/or email addresses to staff to place calls over the weekend. But that may just be wishful thinking...

bmmccb223
Posts: 173
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:58 pm

Re: UPenn Transfer

Postby bmmccb223 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:23 pm

Maybe, but I kinda doubt it over a holiday weekend.

jh_1988
Posts: 46
Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:41 pm

Re: UPenn Transfer

Postby jh_1988 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:54 am

i was admitted on friday COB both via email and phone call... they said they are only accepting 15 students. best of luck!




Return to “Transfers”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.