Should I apply to transfer before my class ranking has been released?

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Should I apply to transfer before my class ranking has been released?

Postby Anonymous User » Thu May 28, 2015 3:21 pm

I just got all my grades back and I will either be top 10% / 15% at a T2 in Texas (SMU/UH)

Should I send my transfer applications out with just my grades, or should I wait until my class rank has been officially determined?

Thanks guys, this forum has been incredibly informative.

BVest

Re: Should I apply to transfer before my class ranking has been released?

Postby BVest » Thu May 28, 2015 3:38 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I just got all my grades back and I will either be top 10% / 15% at a T2 in Texas (SMU/UH)

Should I send my transfer applications out with just my grades, or should I wait until my class rank has been officially determined?

Thanks guys, this forum has been incredibly informative.

I did this. I wanted them to be able to make a decision as quickly as possible. (The school in question had a required form for my registrar that included a class rank statement, so they were going to get it as soon as that stuff was processed anyway). I suspect they reviewed my app prior to receiving my updated class rank because the acceptance letter was dated the day after they informed me that they received the statement of class rank, dean's cert, and official transcript.

I also made mention of my GPA in my PS and included "(The registrar has not yet released class rank for this year, but for last year’s first-year class, xxxxxxxxxxxxx)."

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu May 28, 2015 3:38 pm

OP here, Bvest thank you for your reply, sending apps out now as I type.

Nebby

Postby Nebby » Sat May 30, 2015 2:52 am

Anonymous User wrote:OP here, Bvest thank you for your reply, sending apps out now as I type.

Good luck!

Return to “Transfers”