Applying for private scholarships advice

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Applying for private scholarships advice

Postby Anonymous User » Mon May 18, 2015 3:29 pm

Transferring this fall and highly doubt I will get any grants, even though I need it & I know scholarships are unavailable to transfers. Does anyone have any experience with good websites, databases, etc. for finding and applying for private scholarships? I have been looking for a few days and just really hope there is an easier, more strategic way than putting all my eggs in the google search basket. Any help would be appreciated

hearsay77

Re: Applying for private scholarships advice

Postby hearsay77 » Tue May 19, 2015 4:11 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Transferring this fall and highly doubt I will get any grants, even though I need it & I know scholarships are unavailable to transfers. Does anyone have any experience with good websites, databases, etc. for finding and applying for private scholarships? I have been looking for a few days and just really hope there is an easier, more strategic way than putting all my eggs in the google search basket. Any help would be appreciated

I haven't won anything yet, so take this with a grain of salt, but I found a lot of scholarships to apply for through scholarship databases such as fastweb and collegenet, through looking at law schools' financial aid websites (they usually have a list of external scholarships for law students), and my last resort was googling. Good luck!

Return to “Transfers”