Professor Out of Country - no grades for several weeks

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Professor Out of Country - no grades for several weeks

Postby Anonymous User » Sun May 17, 2015 1:53 pm

One of my professors is out of the country doing research and told his research assistant he wasn't going to grade exams until after he got back. He gets back in late June which means grades likely won't be available until the last week of June or early July. I was planning on applying to transfer, but the latest deadline for the schools I was looking at is July 1.

Am I SOL for transferring if I don't have that grade back by then? (meaning I won't have a class rank) I assume yes because your file doesn't go complete until everything is in and I won't have a complete transcript until potentially after the deadline. Is there anything I can do at my law school or the schools I'm applying for to remedy this situation?

Re: Professor Out of Country - no grades for several weeks

Postby fratstar1 » Sun May 17, 2015 2:24 pm

no of course not just send your transcript in when u have most of your grades - maybe send an email to ur prof, how can he prevent everyone in an entire section from transferring?

Postby Nebby » Mon May 18, 2015 8:39 am

That sucks, but it doesn't hurt you too much. I also would recommend emailing the professor.

Also, fuck that professor so hard. What research is that nerd doing that requires them to go abroad? Definitely nothing worthwhile.

Post removed.

Postby Nekrowizard » Tue May 19, 2015 5:25 am

Post removed.
Last edited by Nekrowizard on Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby POTUSorSCOTUS » Wed May 20, 2015 6:54 pm

Out the school, send ATL some info

Return to “Transfers”