Asking for LOR over Email Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Ravenclaw23

New

Asking for LOR over Email

Post by Ravenclaw23 » Wed May 13, 2015 7:30 pm

I planning to ask my Legal Writing professor to write my transfer LOR (I got the 2nd highest grade in that class), but because briefs were turned in over a month ago she hasn't been hanging around the law school at all. Because of this, I will very likely need to ask her to be my recommender via email.

What's the most appropriate way to do this? It seems sort of crass to just say "I'm thinking about transferring, would you be willing to write me a letter?", but I also don't want to waste her time with a bunch of unnecessary pleasantries.

Thoughts?

jphiggo

Bronze

Re: Asking for LOR over Email

Post by jphiggo » Wed May 13, 2015 7:36 pm

I would suggest emailing her to see if she's willing to schedule an office appointment with you. At the very least, a phone call. I called a professor who was in India for one of mine and that turned out fine. I've spoken with 3 professors for LOR, just be upfront with what you want and soak up the advice that you're likely to get from each of them. It'll likely surprise you how much they are willing to do for you.

Nebby

Diamond

Post by Nebby » Wed May 13, 2015 10:50 pm

I asked one of mine mid June after getting grades. It was over email and she had it uploaded to LSAC in 3 days.

NoDayButToday

Silver

Post by NoDayButToday » Thu May 14, 2015 12:07 pm

Last edited by NoDayButToday on Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nekrowizard

Bronze

Post removed.

Post by Nekrowizard » Fri May 15, 2015 1:54 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by Nekrowizard on Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NoDayButToday

Silver

Post by NoDayButToday » Sat May 16, 2015 12:18 am

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”