When to start transfer app Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

When to start transfer app

Post by Anonymous User » Tue May 12, 2015 1:22 pm

I was planning to start my NU transfer application immediately after finals (I am at a top 25 school now & was top 15% after first semester). However, I got 2 of my grades back yesterday & although one was right where I expected (3.9) the other was below median. I felt extremely confident going into that exam (left thinking I aced it), so now I'm getting worried about the rest of my classes.

Our professors tend to be slow with releasing exams, so I'm worried about waiting around until I have my other grades before starting the application...but I also don't want to go through the whole process & then find out I'm not the least bit competitive.

I'd like to believe that the rest of my grades should be released this week, but if they aren't, how long can I wait to start the application? (Specifically, how late is too late to ask for a professor recommendation?)

Return to “Transfers”