Any point to petitioning at old law school?

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.

Any point to petitioning at old law school?

Postby lawstudent_mcg86 » Mon May 11, 2015 6:21 pm

Is there any point to petition for journal at the law school you are going to leave? I have been accepted early advance at Georgetown and likely will be leaving the school i'm at.

I realize this seems like obvious answer, but is there any benefit to petitioning and getting on journal at the old school? For instance, if I don't make journal at the the school I transfer to, but I was recognized for making journal at my old school, can I at least put this on my resume? Or, is this not appropriate?

Thank you to anyone who has any insight!

Re: Any point to petitioning at old law school?

Postby barkschool » Tue May 12, 2015 11:08 pm

Last edited by barkschool on Sat Sep 26, 2015 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby MonsterTRM » Wed May 13, 2015 12:09 am

Might be helpful (only if you make law review at your old school) for OCI. And I found it useful because I viewed the first write-on somewhat of a practice run for the real thing. But probably won't make too much of a difference. Up to you.

Postby Nebby » Wed May 13, 2015 10:26 am

I didn't do it. If you transfer to a school with higher Biglaw placement, such as Penn or CLS, then I don't think joining a journal is even necessary. Lot of transfers that didn't do journals were offered.

Return to “Transfers”