Timing

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Timing

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:06 am

As transfer apps are rolling from what I can tell, is there any consensus as to whether an advantage exists in submitting earlier as opposed to right by the deadline?

kaiser

Re: Timing

Postby kaiser » Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:24 am

Whenever its rolling, you want to apply on the earlier end. As the spots are handed out, they will be more and more picky with the last few. Same thing goes for people who apply after the February LSAT, since the school likely has very few seats left to work with at that point. I doubt its a monumental difference, but it can't hurt if you are a borderline candidate.

chuckbass

Postby chuckbass » Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:12 am

kaiser wrote:Whenever its rolling, you want to apply on the earlier end. As the spots are handed out, they will be more and more picky with the last few. Same thing goes for people who apply after the February LSAT, since the school likely has very few seats left to work with at that point. I doubt its a monumental difference, but it can't hurt if you are a borderline candidate.

This is the transfer board FYI.

The advantage to submitting your apps earlier is so that you get everything in and checked off and only have to wait on your transcript after all of your second semester grades drop. A lot of schools require shit from your UG, or various other things, so it'd be best to get them all in in case you run into any problems.

kaiser

Postby kaiser » Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:18 am

scottidsntknow wrote:
kaiser wrote:Whenever its rolling, you want to apply on the earlier end. As the spots are handed out, they will be more and more picky with the last few. Same thing goes for people who apply after the February LSAT, since the school likely has very few seats left to work with at that point. I doubt its a monumental difference, but it can't hurt if you are a borderline candidate.

The advantage to submitting your apps earlier is so that you get everything in and checked off and only have to wait on your transcript after all of your second semester grades drop. A lot of schools require shit from your UG, or various other things, so it'd be best to get them all in in case you run into any problems.

I know its transfer board. I'm saying that the same mindset applies in regular admissions cycle (i.e. you wouldn't want to apply in Feb if you could apply in Sept, so the same principle applies here).

chuckbass

Postby chuckbass » Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:20 am

kaiser wrote:
scottidsntknow wrote:

I know its transfer board. I'm saying that the same mindset applies in regular admissions cycle (i.e. you wouldn't want to apply in Feb if you could apply in Sept, so the same principle applies here).

Sure, but most deadlines are before your grades would come out, and your application isn't complete without your grades and won't be looked at.

Return to “Transfers”