Clarification on what parts of app to send where?

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 310239
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Clarification on what parts of app to send where?

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:50 pm

This is pretty rudimentary, but I was hoping someone could confirm that my understanding regarding the transfer application process is correct.
I'm a little bit confused as to what parts of the application I am sending through LSAC and what I'm going to be sending directly to the LS.

Using HLS's app as an example:

1. The transfer application form.
2. A personal statement.
3. Two letters of recommendations.
4. College Certifications from all schools that have awarded you a degree and from your current law school.
5. A current copy of your LSAC's Credential Assembly Service report.
6. Official transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate work.
7. Law school grades for the entire first year
8. Résumé.
9. An application fee of $85.00, payable to Harvard Law School.

The Letters of Rec are uploaded electronically by your LS professors to LSAC, and you only need ONE letter per professor for all schools.

Then, you submit the Letters of Rec along with the transfer application form, personal statement, resume, UG transcripts, and fee as part of the LSAC application package.

Afterwards, you can request the CAS report through LSAC, but that is separate from submitting the main application package.

The college certifications are done independent of the LSAC. You download forms individually from the transfer schools and give them to your UG registrar and LS registrar. They will sign and then send them out to each school you're applying to transfer.

After this, your application is "complete" minus the wait for your Spring grades. When you get them, you send them directly to the transfer school's admissions office.

Is this accurate? Thanks!


Posts: 2388
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:21 pm

Re: Clarification on what parts of app to send where?

Postby toothbrush » Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:52 pm



Posts: 277
Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:14 pm

Re: Clarification on what parts of app to send where?

Postby jphiggo » Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:39 pm

The important thing to note is that it all can vary by school. It also depends on when and to whom you are submitting your application.

Some schools will want your first semester grades submitted to LSAC, and then you can follow up with an unofficial copy of your transcript for second semester grades. Almost all schools want your LOR's to be sent to LSAC and not to the school directly.

Basically, just look at the website for each school you are wanting to transfer to. Most provide you the information you're asking on their website. Those that don't will likely provide it on the application instructions page to their transfer application on the LSAC website.

Return to “Transfers?

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.