Transfer from T20 to NYU over CHLS?

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
gwesia

Transfer from T20 to NYU over CHLS?

Postby gwesia » Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:39 pm

Hey all, I'm currently at a T20 school applying to transfer for the fall. Does anyone think it could potentially make sense to go to NYU over columbia/HLS? Especially if interesting in international law?
thanks

sublime

Re: Transfer from T20 to NYU over CHLS?

Postby sublime » Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:40 pm

juzam_djinn

Postby juzam_djinn » Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:50 pm

are you asking b/c you're thinking about not applying to the other 2?

gwesia

Postby gwesia » Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:57 pm

no I'm still going to apply to the other ones I'm just wondering whether it could make sense to choose nyu over hls assuming money is a wash

juzam_djinn

Postby juzam_djinn » Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:30 am

if $ is a wash then i would say nyu over h would be fine if you feel more of a fit or connection; if personal fit is also a wash (which is doubtful, considering NYC v. Boston/Cambridge), then you should choose H

but it's early to be thinking over these scenarios, no decisions have been returned yet; take it from me, you don't want to be playing out "what if" fantasies in your head until you actually get in. it's a recipe for disappointment

Nebby

Postby Nebby » Sat Apr 18, 2015 11:11 am

gwesia wrote:Hey all, I'm currently at a T20 school applying to transfer for the fall. Does anyone think it could potentially make sense to go to NYU over columbia/HLS? Especially if interesting in international law?
thanks

What do you mean when you say you're interested in international law? But regardless, NYU isn't any better than CLS HLS in this regard.

Return to “Transfers”