40-50 Ranked School Transfer

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

40-50 Ranked School Transfer

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:02 pm

Just to see if I have a chance... What percentage do I need to be at if attending a law school ranked 40-50 to get into YHS? CCN? Do I even have a serious chance transferring that far up? I don't really have any interest in transferring to any school lower than that. The school I am attending is where I want to end up practicing.

BVest

Re: 40-50 Ranked School Transfer

Postby BVest » Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:38 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Just to see if I have a chance... What percentage do I need to be at if attending a law school ranked 40-50 to get into YHS? CCN?

H, probably 1-3%; Even at 5% you've got a shot
YS, 1% to have any "reasonable" shot at all, but these two schools take very few transfers so even then you're on the bubble out. Note however that Stanford has gone a little deeper (like 3-5%) for schools in CA, especially the bay area.
CCN, it seems top 5% gives you a decent shot and top 10% gives you a chance

Anonymous User wrote:Do I even have a serious chance transferring that far up? I don't really have any interest in transferring to any school lower than that. The school I am attending is where I want to end up practicing.

Since we don't know your actual class rank that's hard to say. HCCN are your best shots at it because of their larger transfer classes.

Return to “Transfers”