Reminder about the Transfer Guides on this website

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Reminder about the Transfer Guides on this website

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:44 pm

I see a lot of people asking for chances at HYS. TLS has a guide with cut-offs. So here's an excerpt.

To transfer into HYS you need:

- top 5-10% at a Top 20
- top 5% at T1
- top 1% at a mid-upper T2
- Other notes: People in the top 1% in the Top 20 generally have a lock on at least one of the holy trinity. I could not find a record of anyone in the lower T2/T3/T4 transferring into HYS. Yale and Stanford only appear to take people in the T1 and up. Also, people in the T2 who transfer to Harvard are pretty much always ranked #1. People have stated that HYS only takes transfers who had a shot as an undergrad. My guess is that this is partially true for YS but not H. I do believe that you need above average softs for HYS, but the data seems to show that numbers alone can do the job. - according to TLS member XxSpyKEx, there was 1 guy who went to HYS from a T4 because he co-authored an article or something
- according to utilitarianjac, someone with a 4.0 from Pepperdine transferred to Yale
- xeoh85, who wrote the legendary TLS article on doing well in law school, was #1 at UCLA and was accepted as a transfer at all of HYS

From

http://www.top-law-schools.com/advice-f ... rring.html

hoos89

Re: Reminder about the Transfer Guides on this website

Postby hoos89 » Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:50 pm

You need more than top 5-10% at a T20 to get into HYS. Probably more like top 1-2%.

sublime

Postby sublime » Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:53 pm

hoos89

Postby hoos89 » Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:57 pm

sublime wrote:
hoos89 wrote:You need more than top 5-10% at a T20 to get into HYS. Probably more like top 1-2%.

I disagree.

Last year H took 3 from the 180 person WUSTL class. And at least one was only top 10%.

I have heard it is even possible from top 15%

3/180= 1.67%. The one person at top 10% is surprising to me, though. I wonder if that person didn't have something else particularly good going for him/her. I'm still confident that top 10% at a T20 will rarely be good enough for HYS.

sublime

Postby sublime » Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:12 pm

Return to “Transfers”