Emory Transfer 2015

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.

Re: Emory Transfer 2015

Postby gortega86 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:42 pm

goldgirl786 wrote:Are you only notified via phone? They don't send out acceptance/rejection emails?

Also, yes please, if anyone could shed light on the OCI process for transfers, that would be great!

You will be notified via telephone call. No acceptance/rejection letter.

I was a transfer and am a recent Emory Grad.

Lmk if you have any other questions.

Postby barkschool » Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:17 pm

Last edited by barkschool on Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby hasangsu » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:09 pm

The wait is killing me...does anyone have an idea when they make their decisions? Or from previous years?

Postby goldgirl786 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:23 am

In. just got the call

Top 12%
Moot Court
Undergrad connection
Under review as of Monday

Postby hasangsu » Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:54 pm

Has anyone had an update recently?

Postby Booyahacheived » Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:06 pm

If anyone is still looking for an apartment, my 1L apartment just opened up for rent as soon as August 1st. PM me.

Rent is either $550 or $600 per month; utilities average $100/month (very low in the summer, up to $130 in the winter).
The apartment is a 1 bedroom above a detached garage. The location is very quiet and conducive to studying. It also has a private driveway. Window AC unit in the bedroom and a (weak) standing AC unit in the living room. Wood floors throughout.

The apartment is 2 blocks south of the law school; it's only an 8 minute walk to the law school itself. There are very few apartments this close to the school.

Wood floors, gas range stove. No Washer/Dryer, but there is a laundromat 1 mile away. Close to Publix (grocery).

Currently the apartment is fully Ikea-furnished, you can keep any of the furniture (we can negotiate prices). Stuff that I've left in the apartment:
*Modem and Router
*Brother Printer/Scanner/Copier/Fax (MFCJ450DW) with lots of ink
*Adjustable workout bench with dumbbells (40 lbs)
*Mid-sized dining table
*Ikea corner desk
*Ikea office chair
*2 Ikea poang chairs
*Queen bed with firm foam mattress
Large, 3-panel standing dresser/wardrobe

I'm working on getting pictures, but I'm out of town this summer.

Good luck to anyone waiting to hear back.

Return to “Transfers”