Harvard Transfer Thread 2015

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Paragon
Posts: 46
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:47 pm

Re: Harvard Transfer Thread 2015

Postby Paragon » Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:09 pm

Dinged! Figured it was coming. It was worth the $100 or so to apply though, just to say I did :) Columbia/NYU/Penn it is. Congrats to all of those who made it!!!

User avatar
AT9
Posts: 1298
Joined: Sun May 17, 2009 6:00 pm

Re: Harvard Transfer Thread 2015

Postby AT9 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:12 pm

Also dinged just now. Top 5% at a 30/40s school. Amazingly competitive pool!

Now to wait on Columbia...

lawstudent212
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:31 pm

Re: Harvard Transfer Thread 2015

Postby lawstudent212 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:18 pm

Dinged just now.

User avatar
butlerraider1
Posts: 196
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:53 pm

Re: Harvard Transfer Thread 2015

Postby butlerraider1 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:22 pm

Dinged. For purposes of future transfer hopefuls, I am #1 at a TTT. Also, in case anyone reading this next year or whatever cares, Harvard has taken from my school in the past.

st-1
Posts: 43
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:17 am

Re: Harvard Transfer Thread 2015

Postby st-1 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:24 pm

butlerraider1 wrote:Dinged. For purposes of future transfer hopefuls, I am #1 at a TTT. Also, in case anyone reading this next year or whatever cares, Harvard has taken from my school in the past.


Did your status ever change from "Application Ready for Review"?

lala789
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:57 am

Re: Harvard Transfer Thread 2015

Postby lala789 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:30 pm

Is anyone still stuck at Application Ready for Review?

ILL18
Posts: 20
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:14 pm

Re: Harvard Transfer Thread 2015

Postby ILL18 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:33 pm

I'm still in "Application Ready for Review" as of 7/6... but I'm thinking I probably shouldn't get my hopes up... now I'm just excited for my $100 rejecting email

bmmccb223
Posts: 173
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:58 pm

Re: Harvard Transfer Thread 2015

Postby bmmccb223 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:34 pm

Wait, where is my ding? I feel deprived.

st-1
Posts: 43
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:17 am

Re: Harvard Transfer Thread 2015

Postby st-1 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:35 pm

Probably not even worth their time to send the ding email to us

lawman84
Posts: 3269
Joined: Thu May 28, 2015 5:01 pm

Re: Harvard Transfer Thread 2015

Postby lawman84 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:36 pm

st-1 wrote:
butlerraider1 wrote:Dinged. For purposes of future transfer hopefuls, I am #1 at a TTT. Also, in case anyone reading this next year or whatever cares, Harvard has taken from my school in the past.


Did your status ever change from "Application Ready for Review"?


Yea, it changed to "Decision Rendered."

All I know is the H can't even handle me right now. :lol:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgM3r8xKfGE

bmmccb223
Posts: 173
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:58 pm

Re: Harvard Transfer Thread 2015

Postby bmmccb223 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:41 pm

st-1 wrote:Probably not even worth their time to send the ding email to us


Probably not. My last UR date was 6/23. My application was probably tossed out.

st-1
Posts: 43
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:17 am

Re: Harvard Transfer Thread 2015

Postby st-1 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:42 pm

Mine was 6/29 so I think I am in the same boat. Never thought I had a chance anyways.

ILL18
Posts: 20
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:14 pm

Re: Harvard Transfer Thread 2015

Postby ILL18 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:53 pm

well look at the bright side, you can tell your kids you were never formally rejected from HLS!! chalked up a win for today

bmmccb223
Posts: 173
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:58 pm

Re: Harvard Transfer Thread 2015

Postby bmmccb223 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:59 pm

ILL18 wrote:well look at the bright side, you can tell your kids you were never formally rejected from HLS!! chalked up a win for today


Wish that were true...just got my ding email a few minutes ago.

ILL18
Posts: 20
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:14 pm

Re: Harvard Transfer Thread 2015

Postby ILL18 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:06 pm

same.. maybe I just wont have kids now

sportsstatboy
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:10 am

Re: Harvard Transfer Thread 2015

Postby sportsstatboy » Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:15 pm

Ding via email. Status checker changed to Decision Rendered.
T1, T10%, not T5%. seems par for the course today. Good luck to those still on the bubble!

lala789
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:57 am

Re: Harvard Transfer Thread 2015

Postby lala789 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:21 pm

Now that apparently the emails have stopped coming in for the day, is anyone still alive at "Application Ready for Review" or did everyone receive a ding that was waiting?

User avatar
instride91
Posts: 107
Joined: Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:03 pm

Re: Harvard Transfer Thread 2015

Postby instride91 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:07 pm

I'm still alive, but I'm guessing more rejections will come out tomorrow.

NoDayButToday
Posts: 1031
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:34 pm

Re: Harvard Transfer Thread 2015

Postby NoDayButToday » Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:25 pm

.
Last edited by NoDayButToday on Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
instride91
Posts: 107
Joined: Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:03 pm

Re: Harvard Transfer Thread 2015

Postby instride91 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:36 pm

NoDayButToday wrote:
instride91 wrote:I'm still alive, but I'm guessing more rejections will come out tomorrow.

Edit: Also, I like your avatar. Steph Curry FTW.


Gotta love Steph!

Anyway, did either of you submit your materials late? My grades came in pretty late. I also have pretty competitive stats... but once again I'm pretty sure this will all be cleared up tomorrow :/

lawman84
Posts: 3269
Joined: Thu May 28, 2015 5:01 pm

Re: Harvard Transfer Thread 2015

Postby lawman84 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:46 pm

instride91 wrote:
NoDayButToday wrote:
instride91 wrote:I'm still alive, but I'm guessing more rejections will come out tomorrow.

Edit: Also, I like your avatar. Steph Curry FTW.


Gotta love Steph!

Anyway, did either of you submit your materials late? My grades came in pretty late. I also have pretty competitive stats... but once again I'm pretty sure this will all be cleared up tomorrow :/


They might be doing it in order of date you went complete.(the date associated with Application Under Review)

Or...you could still be in the running. Never know.

NoDayButToday
Posts: 1031
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:34 pm

Re: Harvard Transfer Thread 2015

Postby NoDayButToday » Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:52 am

.
Last edited by NoDayButToday on Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RedSoxGal1990
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:34 am

Re: Harvard Transfer Thread 2015

Postby RedSoxGal1990 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:25 am

lala789 wrote:Now that apparently the emails have stopped coming in for the day, is anyone still alive at "Application Ready for Review" or did everyone receive a ding that was waiting?

I'm still hanging on.

Isn't it weird that here on the message board, about 18 people posted when they got in on Thursday (July 9th), but only 10 posted that they got dinged (July 14th)? Does that mean that there's still a lot of us hanging on, or that people stopped bothering about the message board when they got dinged?

felinafelina
Posts: 112
Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2015 3:02 pm

Re: Harvard Transfer Thread 2015

Postby felinafelina » Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:28 am

Sorry I'm late for the ding party, got my email yesterday around 5:30, top 10-15% at T20.

Got30
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:14 am

Re: Harvard Transfer Thread 2015

Postby Got30 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:54 am

felinafelina wrote:Sorry I'm late for the ding party, got my email yesterday around 5:30, top 10-15% at T20.


Got my ding same time yesterday. Top 5% at T20




Return to “Transfers”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.