UT Transfer Scholarships?

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

UT Transfer Scholarships?

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:35 pm

Hey all, I saw on their website that transfers to UT are considered for merit-based scholarships. Anyone know more about this? Like how commonly they're awarded, the typical range, or what level of merit might be required?

Thanks!

BVest

Re: UT Transfer Scholarships?

Postby BVest » Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:56 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Hey all, I saw on their website that transfers to UT are considered for merit-based scholarships. Anyone know more about this? Like how commonly they're awarded, the typical range, or what level of merit might be required?

Thanks!

I think this is fairly new. I would have remembered that had it been in effect for the summer 2013 transfer cycle, and looking at the internet wayback machine, it looks like it was added to the website sometime in late 2013, so it's possible only the 2014 transfer class (class of 2016) was considered for them.

UT accepts applications from continuing students for merit scholarships. Those are not exactly large for 3Ls.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:05 pm

BVest wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Hey all, I saw on their website that transfers to UT are considered for merit-based scholarships. Anyone know more about this? Like how commonly they're awarded, the typical range, or what level of merit might be required?

Thanks!

I think this is fairly new. I would have remembered that had it been in effect for the summer 2013 transfer cycle, and looking at the internet wayback machine, it looks like it was added to the website sometime in late 2013, so it's possible only the 2014 transfer class (class of 2016) was considered for them.

UT accepts applications from continuing students for merit scholarships. Those are not exactly large for 3Ls.

Thanks for the info. Are you a transfer student there? If so, how do transfer students typically do there?

Also, I'm a little confused by the continuing student merit scholarships. What is that?

BVest

Postby BVest » Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:40 pm

I can't speak that broadly, and obviously there's some selection bias in terms of who talks about grades, but the transfers I know do pretty well.

The continuing student scholarships are open to all continuing students to "apply" for over the summer. The application is very short and doesn't involve much (about 10 specific fact-based questions with check boxes or drop-down menus). You apply in the spring and they notify you in the fall.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Mar 21, 2015 4:41 pm

BVest wrote:I can't speak that broadly, and obviously there's some selection bias in terms of who talks about grades, but the transfers I know do pretty well.

The continuing student scholarships are open to all continuing students to "apply" for over the summer. The application is very short and doesn't involve much (about 10 specific fact-based questions with check boxes or drop-down menus). You apply in the spring and they notify you in the fall.

I gotcha, thanks for the info. I emailed the admissions offce as well so I'll post that info if/when they respond.

mandimeoutof10

Postby mandimeoutof10 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:02 am

I am a class of 2016 UT transfer and all I'll say is don't have this $ impact your decision in any way, as it is negligible.

Return to “Transfers”