Chances for YHS and Columbia

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
mdxs425

Chances for YHS and Columbia

Postby mdxs425 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:49 am

Currently a student at top 20 school, GPA 3.91, just at edge of top 5%, what are my chances at Yale, Harvard, Stanford, Columbia, and Chicago? If I drop to 15% after this semester do I still have a chance?

Nebby

Re: Chances for YHS and Columbia

Postby Nebby » Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:33 am

Top 5% makes you very competitive at CCN and HLS.

No one can say for certain at YS, but you're strongly competitive there too.

Top 15% will be competitive at CCN, but not really HYS. Though it's still worth applying to HLS.

Good luck!

Pneumonia

Postby Pneumonia » Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:50 am

Your class rank doesn't really matter, schools will be focused on your numerical GPA. With the right LSAT you'll be competitive everywhere, but you'll wanna stay above 3.9 for Y/S to really be in play.

Nebby

Postby Nebby » Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:58 am

Pneumonia wrote:Your class rank doesn't really matter, schools will be focused on your numerical GPA.

This is not true. If all schools had the same median, then it would be. But they don't.

malleus discentium

Postby malleus discentium » Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:07 am

CounselorNebby wrote:
Pneumonia wrote:Your class rank doesn't really matter, schools will be focused on your numerical GPA.

This is not true. If all schools had the same median, then it would be. But they don't.

Pneumonia didn't notice what forum this thread is in.

Nebby

Postby Nebby » Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:18 am

malleus discentium wrote:
CounselorNebby wrote:

Pneumonia didn't notice what forum this thread is in.

Ah. I was like, "I have never seen this poster before and they're giving horrible advice."

Now it makes sense.

Pneumonia

Postby Pneumonia » Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:11 pm

Yeah my bad I thought this was in the "choosing" forum. Idk anything about transfers.

Return to “Transfers”