Transfer a few spots down

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Transfer a few spots down

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Mar 11, 2015 3:58 pm

Currently at GW/USC/EMORY/WUSTL and wanted to transfer within this group. However I'm currently sitting a little below median. Any idea if I have chance moving within this group?

Non-URM. Low undergrad gpa, decent LSAT if that matters.

Thanks

Nebby

Re: Transfer a few spots down

Postby Nebby » Wed Mar 11, 2015 4:33 pm

Probably highly unlikely if below median.

MarkfromWI

Postby MarkfromWI » Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:19 pm

Why do you want to transfer? Outside of relocating geographically, there's nothing to be gained by making this move and you'd be giving up any scholarship you may currently have. If you get to median or above, I wouldn't be surprised if you get in to one of them simply because you'd be paying full tuition and schools can use any extra revenue they can get these days.

FWIW, your UGPA and LSAT really don't matter in transfer applications.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:29 am

MarkfromWI wrote:Why do you want to transfer? Outside of relocating geographically, there's nothing to be gained by making this move and you'd be giving up any scholarship you may currently have. If you get to median or above, I wouldn't be surprised if you get in to one of them simply because you'd be paying full tuition and schools can use any extra revenue they can get these days.

FWIW, your UGPA and LSAT really don't matter in transfer applications.

Geographic reasons. Fortunately scholly isn't an issue.

Thanks for the responses

Return to “Transfers”