TTT to T14

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
butlerraider1

TTT to T14

Postby butlerraider1 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:55 pm

From the newly published information on transferring by the ABA it looks like only a few schools in the T14 take students from tier 3's.

I'm wondering if this is because the others (1) don't take students from tier 3 schools OR if it is (2) because they would only take the top couple of students from these schools and these students either don't apply or choose to stay when accepted.

I'm mainly interested in hearing about Columbia, Chicago, NYU, Penn, Cornell, UVA, and Duke
----because according to the reports Berkley, Michigan, Northwestern, and GT take from tier 3 and I'm assuming HYS doesn't give them a look.

Looking for anecdotes if nothing else. Thanks!

BVest

Re: TTT to T14

Postby BVest » Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:46 pm

butlerraider1 wrote:From the newly published information on transferring by the ABA it looks like only a few schools in the T14 take students from tier 3's.

I'm wondering if this is because the others (1) don't take students from tier 3 schools OR if it is (2) because they would only take the top couple of students from these schools and these students either don't apply or choose to stay when accepted.

I'm mainly interested in hearing about Columbia, Chicago, NYU, Penn, Cornell, UVA, and Duke
----because according to the reports Berkley, Michigan, Northwestern, and GT take from tier 3 and I'm assuming HYS doesn't give them a look.

Well, these 4 took, on average fewer than 8 transfers total, so that is probably a very large part of the reason why they didn't have any TTT transfers.

butlerraider1

Postby butlerraider1 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:52 pm

BVest wrote:
butlerraider1 wrote:From the newly published information on transferring by the ABA it looks like only a few schools in the T14 take students from tier 3's.

Well, these 4 took, on average fewer than 8 transfers total, so that is probably a very large part of the reason why they didn't have any TTT transfers.

Yeah, makes sense.
I guess I'm wondering if the #1 student at a tier 3 has any shot besides the schools I listed, or if the name of the school bars them from even getting a look. I know transferring is a black box and nobody really has the answer to this but just thought I would ask based on people's personal experiences.

ETA: Are there any TTT --> CCN/Penn or Cornell out there (want to stay in northeast)?

Nebby

Postby Nebby » Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:04 pm

There was one TTT xfer to CLS. Top 1%.

butlerraider1

Postby butlerraider1 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:51 pm

CounselorNebby wrote:There was one TTT xfer to CLS. Top 1%.

Cool. Thanks

fa1493

Postby fa1493 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:34 pm

Anecdotally I know someone who went TTT to duke

butlerraider1

Postby butlerraider1 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:04 am

fa1493 wrote:Anecdotally I know someone who went TTT to duke

Good to know

bnghle234

Postby bnghle234 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:29 am

Same with Berkeley. I think they were 1%.

hartfordhockaloogies

Postby hartfordhockaloogies » Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:03 am

GULC takes a lot of TTT and TTTT's

XxSpyKEx

Postby XxSpyKEx » Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:29 am

In 2009, a student from my 1L tier 3 (now tier 2) transferred to HLS. He has a 4.0/4.0, but so did a few others in my class. SLS also took a tier 3 transfer that year I don't have first-hand knowledge about that student though). Berkeley took at least one tier 4 transfer that year. Anything's possible. Don't put too much weight on the ABA disclosures--you only have 1 year of data there.

butlerraider1

Postby butlerraider1 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:40 am

XxSpyKEx wrote:In 2009, a student from my 1L tier 3 (now tier 2) transferred to HLS. He has a 4.0/4.0, but so did a few others in my class.

Wow, this gives me hope. Thank you and

XxSpyKEx wrote: Don't put too much weight on the ABA disclosures--you only have 1 year of data there.

this is a great point.

InRemington

Postby InRemington » Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:36 pm

hartfordhockaloogies wrote:GULC takes a lot of TTT and TTTT's

seems like you knew this but just to throw gas on the flame I can confirm GULC takes em'.

butlerraider1

Postby butlerraider1 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:45 pm

InRemington wrote:
hartfordhockaloogies wrote:GULC takes a lot of TTT and TTTT's

seems like you knew this but just to throw gas on the flame I can confirm GULC takes em'.

Yes. Aware that GULC takes them haha thanks though guys (seriously).

Return to “Transfers”