Transferring from Cornell?

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Transferring from Cornell?

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:09 pm

Does anyone have a sense of what's needed to transfer to various higher T14 schools?

toothbrush

Re: Transferring from Cornell?

Postby toothbrush » Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:41 pm

median -> NYU
top 10%~ -> CLS (some wiggle)
top 5% -> H (no one went last year, people top 10% rejected)
top 2% -> Y

those are all based direct anecdotes.

PM to discuss further.

mandimeoutof10

Postby mandimeoutof10 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:07 pm

toothbrush wrote:median -> NYU
top 10%~ -> CLS (some wiggle)

top 5% -> H (no one went last year, people top 10% rejected)
top 2% -> Y

those are all based direct anecdotes.

PM to discuss further.

Is the disparity between CLS and NYU really that wide? I find that very hard to believe.

toothbrush

Postby toothbrush » Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:27 pm

mandimeoutof10 wrote:
Is the disparity between CLS and NYU really that wide? I find that very hard to believe.

That's how it panned out last year. Not going to speculate as to why.

mandimeoutof10

Postby mandimeoutof10 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:45 pm

toothbrush wrote:
mandimeoutof10 wrote:

That's how it panned out last year. Not going to speculate as to why.

I'm not here to argue and I have 0 anecdotal (or otherwise) evidence to the contrary. All I'm saying is that NYU and CLS are by all accounts peer schools and generally, while larger/smaller transfer class sizes certainly effect the #s you need to transfer, this is a pretty big disparity. However, if true, APPLY TO NYU!!!

eriedoctrine

Postby eriedoctrine » Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:50 pm

always go with the better name..its a no brainer..the ivy league network will be instrumental to you going forward.
Last edited by eriedoctrine on Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

toothbrush

Postby toothbrush » Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:52 pm

mandimeoutof10 wrote:I'm not here to argue and I have 0 anecdotal (or otherwise) evidence to the contrary. All I'm saying is that NYU and CLS are by all accounts peer schools and generally, while larger/smaller transfer class sizes certainly effect the #s you need to transfer, this is a pretty big disparity. However, if true, APPLY TO NYU!!!

Hah, yeah. I have no idea. I was pretty surprised myself. I'm just here to provide reliable anecdotes. Again, feel free to pm me.

Nebby

Postby Nebby » Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:07 pm

CLS accepted me on the first wave, NYU never accepted me before I withdrew my application. NYU are h8rs

toothbrush

Postby toothbrush » Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:26 pm

CounselorNebby wrote:CLS accepted me on the first wave, NYU never accepted me before I withdrew my application. NYU are h8rs

Yeah, that was weird. I was the first acceptance to NYU here, but then the last at CLS. :?:

Return to “Transfers”