Transfer From T4 to UF - Worth it in the long run? Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Traynor Brah

Silver

Re: Transfer From T4 to UF - Worth it in the long run?

Post by Traynor Brah » Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:04 pm

Ken Kesey wrote:
Nebby wrote:Transfer.
Have you ever advised someone not to transfer?
fuck off bruh

nebby is doing jesus's work

gortega86

New

Post by gortega86 » Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:32 pm

hartfordhockaloogies wrote:
BarristerBull wrote:
runinthefront wrote:OP, assuming you're at Barry/St. Thomas/Ave Maria/FAMU/Florida Coastal/Cooley, you need to transfer and never look back.
I'm at one of these schools.

TheNextAmendment:
Thanks and realistically the only issue I have with the school is the name on the building. It's unfortunate but undeniable. I'm not the least bit unhappy with the quality of education. Immediate, post-JD job prospects and future marketability are my main concerns.

CanadianWolf:
I have no interest in a judicial clerkship. I spent 10 years in a public service career so I really have no interest in going back unless it's absolutely necessary to gain practical experience (that I couldn't get at a firm). I'm mainly interested in a job at a medium to large law firm or a smaller firm with large growth prospects. I don't really have a particular practice area in mind just yet. My family would stay put while I went to class during the week and drove home on the weekends. No real negotiating there...it's UF or bust.

Thanks to everyone for the advice thus far.
Barrister, please apply to GULC at least. You may get need based aid

I just want to add that I went to a TTTT in FL and left scholarship money on the table to attend a t20. While you THINK the lvl of education is adequate where you currently attend you are mistaken. There is a HUGE gap. Furthermore, the job prospects, externship opportunities, and post graduate opportunities will put your family in a far better position.

It does not matter if you finish number 1 at the TTTT with some firms, your application will be immediately discarded. If it is FloCo, your best bet is transferring. If you are looking to secure a job at a top FL firm you either want to attend UF (and finish toward the top of the class) or a top t20 school (outside the t14 Emory and Vanderbilt hold a lot of weight within the state).

Good luck.

BarristerBull

New

Post by BarristerBull » Sat Jul 25, 2015 11:03 pm

Thank you everyone for the good advice. I actually took it, though not exclusively from here.

I finished in the top 2% of my class and I was admitted to UF. I will be attending this fall. I hear they have a great support organization for transfer students and from what I can already see, there is plenty of OCI to go around. And hartfordhockaloogies I didn't end up applying to Georgetown. The wife told me divorce papers would be consideration for attending. Part of me thinks she wasn't joking. I'm betting I wouldn't have been admitted anyway.

I'm sure it will be tough in the short run, but in the end it'll be worth it.

trey ohh five

New

Post by trey ohh five » Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:04 am

Congrats man! You made the right choice, temporary sacrifices for returns in the future.

pittsburghpirates

Silver

Post removed.

Post by pittsburghpirates » Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:43 am

Post removed.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”