Transferring Credits Earned Through Summer Externships Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
sandwhich

Bronze

Transferring Credits Earned Through Summer Externships

Post by sandwhich » Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:52 pm

My school allows you to earn credits for summer judicial internships. Of course, however, these credits must be paid for. I'm wondering if anyone knows whether these credits are transferable - although I'm reasonably certain they are not.

If I'm pretty set on transferring, should I not pay for these credits? It would be $3000-$5000 (roughly, it would be expensive) for 4-6 hours.

I'm thinking I wouldn't want to transfer them anyway, since most schools require X number of credits at that school to qualify for honors, which would mean a full schedule each remaining semester at the new school (and sometimes more, like at NYU which requires 75% to be earned at NYU).

So no?

BVest

Platinum

www.top-law-schools.com

Post by BVest » Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:44 pm

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”