Indiana w/ full ride to Uchi for patent law. Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.

Should I stay or should I go?

Go
64%
Stay
36%

Total votes: 14

Anonymous User

Indiana w/ full ride to Uchi for patent law.

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:22 pm

Based on 1st semester grades, I have a very good shot of transferring from IU-Bloomington to Uchicago. I've been told that, because I have a stem background and am planning on doing patent work, I should stay where I am with the full ride. I have BigLaw aspirations and would like to get into corporate counsel down the line. I don't want to apply ED without knowing for sure. What should I do?

romothesavior

Diamond

Re: Indiana w/ full ride to Uchi for patent law.

Post by romothesavior » Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:48 pm

Just how high are your grades? Assuming they are top of the class, if your primary goal is big law there is virtually zero reason to transfer IMO.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:05 am

romothesavior wrote:Just how high are your grades? Assuming they are top of the class, if your primary goal is big law there is virtually zero reason to transfer IMO.
Close to top 10%

Nebby

Diamond

Post by Nebby » Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:36 am

Transfer.

eriedoctrine

Bronze

Post by eriedoctrine » Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:54 am

Stay for sure.

collegebum1989

Bronze

Post by collegebum1989 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:27 pm

depends on your goals and your technical background.

If you have an EE/CS degree, MS in engineering, or a PhD in science, then stay. If not, then transfer.

If targeting prosecution, your technical background is probably more important, so stay.

If targeting litigation, should transfer based on the market you want to practice in. Could transfer if you want V20 patent lit firms, although check your school's OCI List to see if those firms recruit at your current school.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”