Odd Situation - Need Advice

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
ripit

Odd Situation - Need Advice

Postby ripit » Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:34 pm

The law school I currently attend (T4) doesn't rank the 1L class or assign traditional letter grades. Instead we get what is essentially Pass, low pass, or fail depending on where we fall on the curve. My fall grades were all pass, and after the exam review period I found my raw scores in each class quite a bit higher than the median scores.

I would very much like to transfer up, but I am afraid that I am facing an uphill battle because of the lack of letter grades and/or a ranking of top 5%, 10%, etc.

Anyone here have any insight or tips? I'm not looking to transfer to HYS or anywhere in the top 14 really, just to a solid regional state school.

TheNextAmendment

Re: Odd Situation - Need Advice

Postby TheNextAmendment » Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:05 pm

You can't go to OCS and request any kind of ranking or at least a raw score with data points?

Return to “Transfers”