possible to get a scholarship transferring down?

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

possible to get a scholarship transferring down?

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:18 pm

I have a great scholarship to a T1 school but my husband just got moved to another state, southern california. I am a 1L so I have 2 more years to go. I ended up right in the top 1/3 of my class so while i would be happy to transfer to UCLA/USC i don't think that's a reasonable option because they're great schools and i didn't like blow anyone away with my grades.

So i'm thinking i need to transfer to like pepperdine or something, some lower T1/or T2 school. but I don't want to pay sticker at any of these schools. Do people ever get to transfer down with a scholarship?

thank you

fats provolone

Re: possible to get a scholarship transferring down?

Postby fats provolone » Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:01 pm

why

Ron Don Volante

Postby Ron Don Volante » Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:58 pm

Probably not a good idea. I'd stick it out for a year by yourself, then spend your third year as a visiting student somewhere cheap and close to him.

seizmaar

Postby seizmaar » Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:33 pm

you can only make this work if you're RBG

CanadianWolf

Postby CanadianWolf » Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:39 pm

Typically law school scholarships are awarded to incoming first year students (although some awards are made to returning second years). Never heard of a "transfer scholarship". Probably best to call each law school & inquire about part-time employment options.

Return to “Transfers”