What is dean certification? Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
zosluu

New

What is dean certification?

Post by zosluu » Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:00 pm

What is the dean certification that everyone keeps talking about? Is it now the final transcript sent from my undergrad? Or is it from my law school dean confirming my grades?

ymmv

Diamond

Re: What is dean certification?

Post by ymmv » Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:13 pm

zosluu wrote:What is the dean certification that everyone keeps talking about? Is it now the final transcript sent from my undergrad? Or is it from my law school dean confirming my grades?
It's a little form you bring to your UG registrar's office to have them sign and fax to the law school in question. It's NBD at all.

zosluu

New

Post by zosluu » Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:15 pm

ymmv wrote:
zosluu wrote:What is the dean certification that everyone keeps talking about? Is it now the final transcript sent from my undergrad? Or is it from my law school dean confirming my grades?
It's a little form you bring to your UG registrar's office to have them sign and fax to the law school in question. It's NBD at all.
Cool. Where do I find this form?

ymmv

Diamond

Post by ymmv » Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:19 pm

zosluu wrote:
ymmv wrote:
Usually on the law school's website in the application section.

zosluu

New

Post by zosluu » Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:59 pm

ymmv wrote:
zosluu wrote:
ymmv wrote:
Usually on the law school's website in the application section.
Thanks!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

zosluu

New

Post by zosluu » Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:01 pm

Last question, I promise! Can I have my dean certification sent without my law school application submitted? Would they just hold it or do I have to wait till my application is submitted?

toothbrush

Gold

Post by toothbrush » Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:35 pm

zosluu wrote:Last question, I promise! Can I have my dean certification sent without my law school application submitted? Would they just hold it or do I have to wait till my application is submitted?
I had dean cert sent a week before I submitted my app and it arrived a few days before my app was finalized. I called and they said it's fine.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”