Top 11% at T25

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.

Which is the highest ranked school I could transfer to?

Yale
2
8%
Harvard
6
24%
Stanford
0
No votes
Columbia
4
16%
U Chicago
0
No votes
Probably can't get into T5
13
52%
 
Total votes: 25

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Top 11% at T25

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:06 pm

Top 11% ranking at T25 after first semester. Assuming I end up around the same after spring semester, what do you think my odds are for transferring within the T5? I think the only way I'd transfer is if I could get into a T5 school. I'd mostly be doing it to increase my chances for a teaching position years down the road since I already have a couple V50 offers for 1L summer, so I think I'll be good even if I stay at my T25 school.

User avatar
fratstar1
Posts: 174
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:35 pm

Re: Top 11% at T25

Postby fratstar1 » Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:08 pm

i mean mb harvard, probably end up @ nyu/penn/duke tho

03152016
Posts: 9189
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:14 am

Re: Top 11% at T25

Postby 03152016 » Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:09 pm

egregious

User avatar
fats provolone
Posts: 7125
Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:44 pm

Re: Top 11% at T25

Postby fats provolone » Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:07 pm

T5.5 maybe

User avatar
sesto elemento
Posts: 1535
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:29 pm

Re: Top 11% at T25

Postby sesto elemento » Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:09 pm

Brut wrote:egregious


LOL srsly wtf is wrong with NYU

User avatar
lacrossebrother
Top 17 consensus poster
Posts: 6894
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:15 pm

Re: Top 11% at T25

Postby lacrossebrother » Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:54 pm

What school ranks 11%?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Top 11% at T25

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:38 pm

lacrossebrother wrote:What school ranks 11%?

You take your rank divided by the total class size to get the %. On occasions its a number like 11 :)
As for NYU, nothing is wrong with it. It's a great school, obviously. I'm just not a fan of NYC.

User avatar
sesto elemento
Posts: 1535
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:29 pm

Re: Top 11% at T25

Postby sesto elemento » Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:41 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
lacrossebrother wrote:What school ranks 11%?

You take your rank divided by the total class size to get the %. On occasions its a number like 11 :)
As for NYU, nothing is wrong with it. It's a great school, obviously. I'm just not a fan of NYC.


You do know that Columbia is in NYC, right?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Top 11% at T25

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:21 pm

sesto elemento wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
lacrossebrother wrote:What school ranks 11%?

You take your rank divided by the total class size to get the %. On occasions its a number like 11 :)
As for NYU, nothing is wrong with it. It's a great school, obviously. I'm just not a fan of NYC.


You do know that Columbia is in NYC, right?


Of course. I'd consider Columbia more than NYU due to having a couple friends going there, but I'd still choose U Chi ahead of it.

kaiser
Posts: 2940
Joined: Mon May 09, 2011 11:34 pm

Re: Top 11% at T25

Postby kaiser » Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:27 pm

I used to be at a T25, and of the people who finished around top 10%, most got into the lower T14. I think one got into NYU. But no admission to anything ranked above. I'd say you may get into Penn, Michigan, etc., but very likely not getting into NYU, Columbia, Chicago, and certainly not HYS.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Top 11% at T25

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:35 pm

kaiser wrote:I used to be at a T25, and of the people who finished around top 10%, most got into the lower T14. I think one got into NYU. But no admission to anything ranked above. I'd say you may get into Penn, Michigan, etc., but very likely not getting into NYU, Columbia, Chicago, and certainly not HYS.


Thanks for the info. I kind of assumed I'd have to do a bit better spring semester to have a decent shot at any of them.




Return to “Transfers”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.