A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
zosluu

Postby zosluu » Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:12 pm

I have a 3.73 at John Marshall Law (was once a T3 couple years back and is now T4, but the admissions numbers are just as good as many of the T3 schools). Rankings have not been released yet but I'm likely top 5%-8% range. I went to an T50 undergrad program where I majored in Biological Sciences. I'm looking to go into IP. I'm an African American (don't want to be that guy using the minority card but maybe some of you know how it plays out with an admissions committee). I've got an excellent resume. What are my chances with GULC, George Washington, Emory, BC, Wake Forest, W&M? Do I need to address my very low LSAT score(150) from when I applied as an undergrad or are they gonna throw that out now because I clearly did better than the LSAT said I could?
Last edited by zosluu on Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.

runinthefront

Re: John Marshall Law School Chicago

Postby runinthefront » Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:16 pm

http://www.abarequireddisclosures.org/

All schools who admit 5+ transfer a year must report where the transfers came from; there's also a requirement to release 25/50/75 GPA percentile data.

I would peruse the data of the schools you're interested in and try and gauge whether or not they're typically pulling kids from the T3-T4/ your school or your peer schools...etc...

sublime

Re: John Marshall Law School Chicago

Postby sublime » Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:27 pm

Nebby

Re: .

Postby Nebby » Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:12 am

Top 5% will get you into either GULC or GW. No you do not need to address your LSAT. GULC and GW both have early action (nonbinding) transfer applications that only need your fall grades. I would do that. Deadlines are in March.

Return to “Transfers”