Transfer from T14 Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
slamtime

New

Transfer from T14

Post by slamtime » Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:16 am

Hi, this is my first time on the forum but I'm stressed. I did what everyone on this forum tells you not to do and am attending Northwestern full tuition, zero help from parents. I did well this semester and ended up i think around top 1/3 to top 1/4 of the class but am still freaking out about how I'm going to pay off my massive debt. (I guess I didn't think too much about this because I was just excited to get into a good school).

I'm just wondering if I should transfer and if I should, where could I get in. Any advice is much appreciated.

Thanks!

toothbrush

Gold

Re: Transfer from T14

Post by toothbrush » Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:47 am

slamtime wrote:Hi, this is my first time on the forum but I'm stressed. I did what everyone on this forum tells you not to do and am attending Northwestern full tuition, zero help from parents. I did well this semester and ended up i think around top 1/3 to top 1/4 of the class but am still freaking out about how I'm going to pay off my massive debt. (I guess I didn't think too much about this because I was just excited to get into a good school).

I'm just wondering if I should transfer and if I should, where could I get in. Any advice is much appreciated.

Thanks!
Congrats on solid grades. Unfortunately there isn't any higher paying jobs that you could get from places like CCN than you can get from NW (aside from boutiques you can't get with your grades anyways). Your big law prospects will likely by the same from NW as they would from CCN (where I believe you could transfer into w/ your grades). I am an intra-t14 transfer and I didn't do any better at OCI than I would have at my 1L school's.

To answer your questions quickly.

You may want to transfer to Chi or CLS but your grades might not even be high enough. Need ~top 15% to get them in my experience. Work hard and you can apply but there isn't much difference in the pay back debt outcome. However, if you happened to do extremely well and got into H and qualify for their need-based aid, perhaps that would be best.

Good luck. Feel free to PM me if you have further questions.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”