transfer PS question

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
BK0106

transfer PS question

Postby BK0106 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:10 pm

Hi :D

I'm 1L at T40 trying to transfer to GULC thru Early Action.
As a matter of fact, I applied to GULC thru Early Decision (binding) a year ago, and got rejected.

Would it hurt if I mention about my previous ED application in my personal statement?
or would it show that i'm so passionate about the school?
or they would look at my historical application anyway, so it would not matter much?

Thanks a lot for your help!!

fats provolone

Re: transfer PS question

Postby fats provolone » Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:10 pm

why are you passionate about gulc

BVest

Postby BVest » Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:48 pm

I don't know if they'll automatically look at your past application, but if you were to say something indicating that GULC has always been and remains your top choice, I'm sure they'll get the point that you previously applied. I don't think you necessarily have to specify that you've applied before.

fats provolone

Postby fats provolone » Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:51 pm

actually,

i applied ED to uva and got rejected

i applied to transfer to uva and mentioned my previous ED application in my ps and got rejected again

so maybe its not a good idea

Nebby

Postby Nebby » Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:22 am

You don't need to mention it. They care about two things: (1) 1L grades; these grades show them that you can be successful in law school; and (2) Your money.

BK0106

Postby BK0106 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:39 pm

CounselorNebby wrote:You don't need to mention it. They care about two things: (1) 1L grades; these grades show them that you can be successful in law school; and (2) Your money.

CounselorNebby,
sent PM!

Return to “Transfers”