Vandy/Washu/Emory ---> GULC

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273184
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Vandy/Washu/Emory ---> GULC

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:54 pm

I go to one of the above three schools. My GPA is below median but not by a lot.

Assuming money does not matter to me, so focusing on odds alone, do I have any chance at being admitted under Georgetown's EA program?

xmking07
Posts: 94
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:57 pm

Re: Vandy/Washu/Emory ---> GULC

Postby xmking07 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:13 pm

2014 ABA 509 report for GULC: information on transfers

Total # 113
75th Percentile 1L GPA: 3.77
50th Percentile 1L GPA: 3.67
25th Percentile 1L GPA: 3.55

This should provide some context. Overall it looks like you probably need to be above median to transfer with a air likelihood of success, the EA with help, but I'm not sure as to how much of a bump you will get if you are a tenth of a gpa point below the 25th. On the bright side, you have a semester to get above median.

FSK
Posts: 6347
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:47 pm

Re: Vandy/Washu/Emory ---> GULC

Postby FSK » Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:15 pm

DOn't transfer to GULC.

Hutz_and_Goodman
Posts: 1413
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:42 am

Re: Vandy/Washu/Emory ---> GULC

Postby Hutz_and_Goodman » Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:19 pm

Only way you should consider it is if you're paying sticker where you are

Anonymous User
Posts: 273184
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Vandy/Washu/Emory ---> GULC

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:34 pm

Hutz_and_Goodman wrote:Only way you should consider it is if you're paying sticker where you are


I am unfortunately. Would I have a shot at getting in?

User avatar
chuckbass
Posts: 9957
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:29 pm

Re: Vandy/Washu/Emory ---> GULC

Postby chuckbass » Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:46 pm

xmking07 wrote:2014 ABA 509 report for GULC: information on transfers

Total # 113
75th Percentile 1L GPA: 3.77
50th Percentile 1L GPA: 3.67
25th Percentile 1L GPA: 3.55

This should provide some context. Overall it looks like you probably need to be above median to transfer with a air likelihood of success, the EA with help, but I'm not sure as to how much of a bump you will get if you are a tenth of a gpa point below the 25th. On the bright side, you have a semester to get above median.

I wonder how much these numbers actually matter. This is the first year they've been published, so it's not like a lot of past transfers know how they did relative to the transfer medians and what not. Also given that schools are on different curves, I'm not sure if this info is that helpful in making predictions at all.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273184
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Vandy/Washu/Emory ---> GULC

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:41 pm

scottidsntknow wrote:
xmking07 wrote:2014 ABA 509 report for GULC: information on transfers

Total # 113
75th Percentile 1L GPA: 3.77
50th Percentile 1L GPA: 3.67
25th Percentile 1L GPA: 3.55

This should provide some context. Overall it looks like you probably need to be above median to transfer with a air likelihood of success, the EA with help, but I'm not sure as to how much of a bump you will get if you are a tenth of a gpa point below the 25th. On the bright side, you have a semester to get above median.

I wonder how much these numbers actually matter. This is the first year they've been published, so it's not like a lot of past transfers know how they did relative to the transfer medians and what not. Also given that schools are on different curves, I'm not sure if this info is that helpful in making predictions at all.


Ya I was wondering the same thing. I wonder if I should risk applying early anyway

User avatar
fratstar1
Posts: 174
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:35 pm

Re: Vandy/Washu/Emory ---> GULC

Postby fratstar1 » Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:47 pm

I mean idk if it would b worth it, but applying ea and getting denied isn't really a risk because they just roll ur app to the regular decision pile after your spring semester.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273184
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Vandy/Washu/Emory ---> GULC

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:11 pm

fratstar1 wrote:I mean idk if it would b worth it, but applying ea and getting denied isn't really a risk because they just roll ur app to the regular decision pile after your spring semester.



Why wouldn't it be worth it? I am paying sticker either way basically.

User avatar
fratstar1
Posts: 174
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:35 pm

Re: Vandy/Washu/Emory ---> GULC

Postby fratstar1 » Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:34 pm

I guess emory to GULC would b worth it for the increased bigaw/clerkship placement if u were at vandy though i feel like it wouldn't make sense to transfer cuz the cost of attending GULC is higher and the placement is basically the same. If i were at vandy id try to do a bit better next semester and squeeze into michigan or duke.

Buck Strickland
Posts: 81
Joined: Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:23 pm

Re: Vandy/Washu/Emory ---> GULC

Postby Buck Strickland » Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:54 am

scottidsntknow wrote:
xmking07 wrote:2014 ABA 509 report for GULC: information on transfers

Total # 113
75th Percentile 1L GPA: 3.77
50th Percentile 1L GPA: 3.67
25th Percentile 1L GPA: 3.55

This should provide some context. Overall it looks like you probably need to be above median to transfer with a air likelihood of success, the EA with help, but I'm not sure as to how much of a bump you will get if you are a tenth of a gpa point below the 25th. On the bright side, you have a semester to get above median.

I wonder how much these numbers actually matter. This is the first year they've been published, so it's not like a lot of past transfers know how they did relative to the transfer medians and what not. Also given that schools are on different curves, I'm not sure if this info is that helpful in making predictions at all.


I also wonder how helpful these numbers are. Considering how extremely well you have to do at lower ranked schools to pull off a transfer, I think these figures might be artificially high, at least when considered from the perspective of someone from Vandy/WashU/Emory.




Return to “Transfers”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.