Lateraling within the T14 Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Single Origin

New

Lateraling within the T14

Post by Single Origin » Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:54 pm

Would transferring from the bottom of the T14 (not Georgetown) to a school like Penn be considered a lateral?

Currently at a median.

toothbrush

Gold

Re: Lateraling within the T14

Post by toothbrush » Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:43 pm

Single Origin wrote:Would transferring from the bottom of the T14 (not Georgetown) to a school like Penn be considered a lateral?

Currently at a median.
Not really a lateral. I heard of someone at WUSTL (iirc) transferring to MVPB ~median so you may be able to pull it off. I know of people at median from Cornell getting into NYU. Penn is a bit different because they take a small transfer class compared to NYU, though.

Single Origin

New

Post by Single Origin » Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:33 am

toothbrush wrote:
Single Origin wrote:Would transferring from the bottom of the T14 (not Georgetown) to a school like Penn be considered a lateral?

Currently at a median.
Not really a lateral. I heard of someone at WUSTL (iirc) transferring to MVPB ~median so you may be able to pull it off. I know of people at median from Cornell getting into NYU. Penn is a bit different because they take a small transfer class compared to NYU, though.
I also heard about the Cornell to NYU thing, I assume its the same at my school. Though like you said I don't know about Penn.

The reason I'm considering Penn is that I would like to get an MBA at some point, and I'd like to do both at the same school. I know that Penn has a 3 year JD-MBA program. Is this something I could get into as a transfer, or would I likely have to separately apply to Wharton and do like a traditional 4 year timeframe?

juzam_djinn

Bronze

Post by juzam_djinn » Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:42 am

Single Origin wrote:
toothbrush wrote:

Currently at a median.
I also heard about the Cornell to NYU thing, I assume its the same at my school. Though like you said I don't know about Penn.

The reason I'm considering Penn is that I would like to get an MBA at some point, and I'd like to do both at the same school. I know that Penn has a 3 year JD-MBA program. Is this something I could get into as a transfer, or would I likely have to separately apply to Wharton and do like a traditional 4 year timeframe?
Penn explicitly forbids transfers from applying for the JD/MBA.

TheNextAmendment

Bronze

Post by TheNextAmendment » Sun Jan 25, 2015 1:51 pm

toothbrush wrote:

Currently at a median.
You keep stating this stat about median kids at Cornell getting into NYU, and I am baffled by it. What are your sources?

toothbrush

Gold

Post by toothbrush » Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:46 pm

TheNextAmendment wrote:
toothbrush wrote:

Currently at a median.
You keep stating this stat about median kids at Cornell getting into NYU, and I am baffled by it. What are your sources?
I know personally at least 3/8 were ~median at NYU? It's a small class and I was open about transferring and discussed grades with people.

That says nothing about the quality of those three,or the eight as a whole. Or further, it says nothing about NYU or the transfer cohort there. It's just a fact. They are all very smart and hardworking and deserve to be there. I'm just saying what it took to get in.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”