Berkeley Ranking to Transfer to HYS

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Longtimecoming19

Re: Berkeley Ranking to Transfer to HYS

Postby Longtimecoming19 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:23 pm

Elston Gunn wrote:Anyway, you seem incapable of distinguishing "don't make the same mistake I did" advice (as e.g. Fatduck, who did the exact same thing as OP was considering) from horrible insults. OP never even said s/he was doing it for the prestige--maybe s/he mistakenly things the employment opportunities will be dramatically different.

First, you seem very confused about what I am saying. I was not accusing OP of doing it for the prestige--you're probably thinking of the person who called OP a prestige whore.

As for my incapability, you'll need to forgive me for somehow construing "you don't have a particular reason to transfer other than prestige whoring" as somehow being insulting.

Longtimecoming19

Postby Longtimecoming19 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:23 pm

rpupkin wrote:You shouldn't make categorical assertions that are so easy to disprove. Given that you're evidently not smart enough to understand that, I suspect that you didn't go to a prestigious law school like I did.

The irony is incredible.

rpupkin

Postby rpupkin » Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:33 pm

Longtimecoming19 wrote:
rpupkin wrote:You shouldn't make categorical assertions that are so easy to disprove. Given that you're evidently not smart enough to understand that, I suspect that you didn't go to a prestigious law school like I did.

The irony is incredible.

Thank you.

ballcaps

Postby ballcaps » Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:53 pm

wowza. good dialogue, guys.

Longtimecoming19 wrote:you have no business defining what sources of gratification are permissible for other people to value

i agree with this. someone might value an HYS degree the same way i value wine: it's expensive, but it's worth it for the experience of having it.

you may think that's irrational - and from virtually any numbers-based viewpoint, it is - but tastes are irrational anyway.

do yo thang OP, but it sounds like you need better grades to make the transfer.

Return to “Transfers”