Unusual Situation

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Unusual Situation

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:05 pm

I can't provide too much detail without inadvertently outing myself, but the skeleton is this: Several years ago, I attended a TTT law school, was doing very poorly after my first year, and dropped out. I subsequently re-took the LSAT and radically improved my score, sent out some applications for the 2014-15 cycle, and was accepted to a T50. After the first semester, I'm in the top 5%. I'm not even necessarily sure that I want to transfer, but I am interested in knowing to what extent my prior stint in law school is likely to impact my options. Can anyone here comment knowledgeably on this subject?

irish921

Re: Unusual Situation

Postby irish921 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:13 pm

I have no special knowledge, but I am pretty confident the answer you are going to get is:

No. Does not matter.

I'd be surprised if the admins at potential transfer schools even will be aware of the previous drop out.

BVest

Re: Unusual Situation

Postby BVest » Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:59 pm

irish921 wrote:I'd be surprised if the admins at potential transfer schools even will be aware of the previous drop out.

They'll know. For one they'll want your LSAC report. For another, their application probably includes a question like this:

Please list all colleges and/or universities that you have attended, including your current law school, and provide the requested
information. Include all institutions, whether or not grades were awarded or the coursework was applied towards a degree.

That said, I don't think it will matter that much, but who knows.

Return to “Transfers”