Transfer from Fordham?

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Transfer from Fordham?

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:11 am

Hi all! Looking to get some advice on possible transfer from Fordham. I got a 4.06 GPA this semester and am on track to get an A in legal writing next semester. Hoping to keep my grades around the same level for my other classes next semester but obviously a lot can change between now and then!

Does anyone have any input on transferring from Fordham to CLS/NYU or HLS? Fordham doesn't rank or give us any indication of where we stand in the class so I'm not sure what kind of GPA I'd need to be a legitimate candidate. Also interested in hearing about how Fordham transfers generally do at OCI and whether it would be worth it to give up the scholarship that I have at Fordham now (which is decent but nothing crazy).

Also, anyone have any idea if Fordham will re-negotiate scholarship with transfer acceptances?

Thank you in advance!!

Nebby

Re: Transfer from Fordham?

Postby Nebby » Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:37 am

Top 5% is a lock on CCN and a good chance at HLS.

Meow Meowsworth

Postby Meow Meowsworth » Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:19 am

Anonymous User wrote:Hi all! Looking to get some advice on possible transfer from Fordham. I got a 4.06 GPA this semester and am on track to get an A in legal writing next semester. Hoping to keep my grades around the same level for my other classes next semester but obviously a lot can change between now and then!

Does anyone have any input on transferring from Fordham to CLS/NYU or HLS? Fordham doesn't rank or give us any indication of where we stand in the class so I'm not sure what kind of GPA I'd need to be a legitimate candidate. Also interested in hearing about how Fordham transfers generally do at OCI and whether it would be worth it to give up the scholarship that I have at Fordham now (which is decent but nothing crazy).

Also, anyone have any idea if Fordham will re-negotiate scholarship with transfer acceptances?

Thank you in advance!!

Not sure if this is helpful to you since I think Fordham just changed their grading scale slightly, but: http://law.fordham.edu/career-planning/1416.htm

Based on that, I think it's pretty clear you're top 5% and probably even higher than that.

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:51 am

CounselorNebby wrote:Top 5% is a lock on CCN and a good chance at HLS.

I had 3 friends who transferred from Fordham to CLS & NYU with lower GPAs.
As I recall, CLS made OCI pretty smooth for my friend who jumped uptown (we were going through OCI at the same time and compared notes); I don't recall how OCI went for my friends who transferred to NYU (but could probably find out)

Nice work, OP.

anjunatale

Postby anjunatale » Sun Jan 18, 2015 4:16 am

Basically wondering the same with a 3.92. Also URM here. Not sure how much of a boost that supplies with transfers.

Return to “Transfers”