Chicago ED vs. Hold Out

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 313983
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Chicago ED vs. Hold Out

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:21 pm

So grades are finally out and I am just shy of the top five percent mark at my T20 school. I'm sure this is a popular question, but I was wondering if any other students are attempting to weigh the options of an application to UChicago ED or holding out and hoping to replicate the grades with a chance of transferring to Harvard, Columbia, etc.

I don't have a huge preference where I practice long-term, but I do want it to be in a major city (NYC, Chicago, DC, etc.). Secondarily, I wouldn't mine practicing in the Southeast since I'm from there, but a major city north of the Mason-Dixon line is more my speed.
I don't know for sure exactly what I want to do straight out of law school, but I'm very interested in pursuing academic work long-term.
I'm on full scholarship at my current law school, but after living here for a year, it just isn't in an area that I want to practice long-term.
The grades that I got were relatively consistent (i.e., all about the same grade as opposed to a couple of really high grades to balance out a low mark). That being said, those grades aren't easy for anyone to replicate and it certainly isn't guaranteed by any means. So I'm kind of scared that if I wait, I'll screw myself out of the chance of transferring to a T6 school in any form.

Any advice on if it is even worth transferring or on the Chicago ED v. waiting issue is greatly appreciated!


Posts: 31199
Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:23 pm

Re: Chicago ED vs. Hold Out

Postby Nebby » Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:52 pm

Hold out

Return to “Transfers�

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.