Ranking

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Wouldliketotransfer2

Ranking

Postby Wouldliketotransfer2 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:58 pm

Hello, I just finished my first semester but my school doesn't rank us. I am in a TTTT. All of the schools I am looking at to transfer ask for a ranking. Has anybody else experienced this?

S. Goodman

Re: Ranking

Postby S. Goodman » Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:03 pm

Wouldliketotransfer2 wrote:Hello, I just finished my first semester but my school doesn't rank us. I am in a TTTT. All of the schools I am looking at to transfer ask for a ranking. Has anybody else experienced this?

No, my transfer school was a T2 and we were ranked. However, you could just simply put N/A and then explain the absence later in the application, doesn't seem like a big deal. Either your school provides rankings or they don't, simple.

BVest

Postby BVest » Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:17 pm

I came from a school that didn't rank, but simply gave us the cutoffs for broad groupings (after first semester top 33% and top 50% -- plus if you made Dean's List you knew you were top 25%, which meant that the group that really knew where they stood were those who were top 33% but not Dean's List). You just give whatever relevant numbers you have. e.g.

GPA 3.45 (top 25% at 3.27; median at 2.65)

or

GPA 3.45 (median at 2.65)

BTW, if your school doesn't provide rankings, they should have language to that effect that you can use when applying for jobs (which you can also use to transfer). Something along the lines of "It is the policy of The Johnson School of Law not to rank its students individually."

Wouldliketotransfer2

Postby Wouldliketotransfer2 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:34 am

Hi all!

Thanks so much for your replies.

My school doesn't rank or put us in percentages. We also don't have a median. OR if we do, I don't think I know how to tell.

Has anybody have this same issue?

A. Nony Mouse

Postby A. Nony Mouse » Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:53 am

I would ask your school (probably your registrar) what, if any, information you can get/submit to other schools, and also contact the schools you're interested in transferring to and ask them how they want you to handle this.

Return to “Transfers”